Thursday, April 2, 2009

Wedding Blues

Since October of last year I have gone through a kitchen remodel and if that wasn't enough going on in my life I was also planning my only daughter's wedding. That wedding took place last Saturday evening, March 28. During all that fun I got so frustrated with my blog that I deleted it for various reasons. Mostly because I was unable to give it the time that I wanted to but I am now back blogging.

I do have wedding blues. For months now that has been my main focus and I am finding it difficult trying to get life back to normal. That begs the question, what exactly is normal????? I'm sure I don't know but hopefully I will now begin to stop and smell the roses.



I wanted to share a little bit about my daughter's wedding.This is a photo of where the ceremony had actually been planned to take place. This is a historical plantation not far from our home, Pebble Hill Plantation in South Georgia. The grounds are beautifully well kept and the timing was perfect for an outdoor ceremony completely surrounded with blooming azalea's, white bridal wreath spirea and a host of other blooming Spring plants.However, Mother Nature had a different plan. It stormed on the day of the wedding with tornado warnings up all around us. We made the decision to put up a second tent for the ceremony. We had always planned on a huge tent for the reception since it would be after dark and putting up a tent for the ceremony proved to be a wise decision.

These are some photos of where the ceremony took place.







A garden area was built by a friend of mine who did all the flowers. Keeping in mind this beautiful plantation area.




A close up of the unity candle and it's presentation.




The aisle markers.



Could not leave out the Bride's bouquet which I myself made for her. It was something very special for me and of course, my daughter appreciated it so much. At the base of the bouquet is a pen that belonged to my mother who passed many years ago. I felt a part of her was with us.




The ring bearer's pillows. There were two and they were my twin grandson's who looked dapper in their black jackets, grey pants, white button down collered shirts with their black/grey/blue ties. They are only seven years old and we didn't want to have them in tuxedo's to look just like the grown men.




Sooooooooo, this is just a glimpse of the planning and how I have been spending most of my time for the past few months. I hope to post everyday on my blog with photos of entertaining, preparing good food and my gardening pleasures.

1 comment:

  1. What a GORGEOUS place for a wedding! Oh, how I'd love to tour that plantation! The flowers for the wedding are gorgeous! I can't even imagine planning a wedding...life and weddings were so much simplier when I got married 31 years ago. Thanks for sharing these beautiful pics! Susan

    ReplyDelete