Wednesday, April 29, 2009

My Furry Friend

Sometimes you just have to talk about your furry friends. I lost my two dogs and I had had them for fourteen years. I waited about a year before getting another pet. When I decided that the time was right I became interested in Cavalier King Charles Spaniels. I read up on the breed and had a couple of books by Charles Faudree. Faudree is an internationaly known interior decorator who also has Cavaleirs and he has photos of his Cavaliers in his books. I am also a big fan of Charles Faudree. I decided that was the breed for me.

These were the pics I saw online the very first time I saw her and it was LOVE at first sight. I did look at other Cavaliers but I knew she was the dog for me. It was a nice fit because she was already trained. The first time I went to see her I took her a blanket with my scent on it. The day I picked her up to bring her home she remembered me and still carries that blanket around.

She was seven months old when I got her and the breeder had planned to "show" her. As she got older it was determined that she was not show quailty so the breeder decided to sell her. The moment I laid eyes on her I fell in love.

She loves to sit in my favorite chair.

Wherever I am that is where Mis Scarlet will be.




And here she is today. She is the dearest little fur friend and my constant companion. It's a "Good Thing".

4 comments:

  1. Hi!

    Miss Scarlet is adorable -- very pretty tricolor Cavalier. I had two beautiful tri girls -- but sadly lost them at 11 and 12 years, both to cancer (their hearts were good!).

    My Blenheims, Dion and Connie, were in my Tuesday post. My Dion says he would like to meet Miss Scarlet, but I don't recommend it. Mr. D is a bit of a rogue and a smooth-talking devil.

    Enjoy her! You know what they say about Cavaliers? "Bet you can't have just ONE!"
    (BTW I am involved in Cavalier Rescue; check it out at CKCSC.org -- follow the links!)

    Best --- and give that pretty tri girl a snuggle from me -- Cass

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carolyn-- when the time is right for another Cavalier to enter your life, that perfect little dog will show up! Meanwhile good luck with your beagle! And tell Miss Scarlet that Dion still thinks she is one sweet lookin' mama.

    (he's so fresh)

    And yes, Cavaliers are indescribable! Can't imagine life without at least one at my side.
    Cass

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carolyn -- she's a cutie. Cavaliers are just made for photographs aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness - Miss Scarlet is ADORABLE!!

    ReplyDelete