Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Tablescape Thursday

This is my first time participating in Tablescape Thursday
. I wasn't sure if I had photos to participate but it turns out that I do. Tablescape Thursday is hosted by Susan at BETWEEN NAPS ON THE PORCH. Thank you Susan, I am finding this to be fun and am looking forward to seeing everyone else's tablescapes. What a wealth of ideas we will find. If you click here it will take you to everyone participating in Tablescape Thursday.


I love to do dinner parties in my dining room and this was one I did not too long ago that I would like to share.

I love how my Schonbeck chandelier with the cherry red walls looks when the lights are on the the red dangles in the prisms. I also have this chandelier on a dimmer so I can soften the light.If you click on the photo you can enlage it and in this particular photo there is a handpainted Vietri piece in the corner.

For this particular dinner party I used my Waterford, Harcourt dinner plates, Anna Weatherly Salad Plates, Grand Baroque silver, the wine glass is also Anna Weatherly, Varga stemware and I also used napkin rings from my antique silver napkin ring collection.


My salad plates are also a collection that I have collected for several years and each plate is different. The same is true for the Varga stemware, each one is a different color but each of them have butterflies and bees etched on them.

The flower arrangement I did myself and all the flowers came from my garden.

I hope you have enjoyed visiting me for this Tablescape Thursday and I know I will enjoy visiting each of you. Thank you so much for visiting my blog.

13 comments:

  1. Your dining room is just gorgeous. The chandelier is stunning. All of the dishes and silver are so pretty, what an elegant and lovely tablescape. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carolyn -- welcome to your first TT -- it's a fun thing to do -- alas, we've had no company at Linderhof this week and so no tablescapes for me! I've been too busy with garden chores.

    Your tablescape is awesome -- love everything about it -- it is so classy and elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chandelier is magnificent and I like the fact that it is on a dimmer to set the mood for an elegant meal. Isn't this all so much fun? Hope to see you again. I am off to cook for Foodie Friday.
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  4. My name is Carolyn, too! My username is a combo of mine and dh's name.

    Lovely chandelier over that lovely table you set! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful dining room you have. Love the chandelier! Happy TT!

    Christi @ A Southern Life
    http://asouthernlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very classical Southern Elegance! Loveley.

    Scribbler

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am just delighted to meet you. Your home is lovely, and I was just looking at your photos of your daughter's wedding setting. Beautiful.I am looking for a dog, and I love the Cavaliers. Perhaps I could find a rescued one, or a dog from a similar situation. Miss Scarlet is adorable! I will keep following,so fellow Florida girl..keep posting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely tablescape and your chandelier is fabulous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice to meet you. Beautiful dining room. You are brave to only put placemats on such a nice table. Lovely job.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such an elegant table! Love your chandelier!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So very elegant! I can imagine you've had any great meals in that beautiful room! Great first TT post!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Carolyn,
    Your table is very elegant. I love the chandelier. YOu have a beautiful home to entertain in.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely tablescape....

    I hope your weekend has been beautiful

    ReplyDelete