Friday, April 3, 2009

Easter decorations

This year because of my daughter's wedding I did not put up all my Easter decorations. I had to put up a few because my grandchildren love my Easter decorations so. I would like to share what I did manage take down from the attic and placed in their spots.

My mantle in our family room. These bunnies were a great find a couple of years ago while traveling and having lunch at a Cracker Barrel Restaurant. I have found many seasonal decorations there at good prices and well made. The Egg Trees and Egg Wreath were a special find while I was visiting my daughter at the University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa. The gift shop where I found them was one I use to visit often. Hard to see for sure but in the green grass are two German large etched glass eggs.



This is my front door entry table. A few weeks ago I found this antique basket at a local antique shop and could not reisist. Also couldn't resist the tall charming bunny sitting in the basket. I decided the basket needed some greenery so I added a small plant of my favorite lime green philidendron. The white hydrangeas were placed on the table during the wedding and they are still looking great. I will give them a fresh cut every few days and freshen the water with some preservative in it and they should last for several weeks.


Back door guests are truly special so to greet them I have my seasonal Lizzie High Doll sitting on the table as one comes in the back door. I have collected Lizzie High Dolls for many years and whatever the season there will be a doll on that table to signify the season or whatever our family is doing at the time.


This is my most "SPECIAL" Easter decoration because it was made by my mother more than fifty years ago. My grandmother owned a ceramic shop so this was therapy for my mother. It was a "SPECIAL" piece to my Dad as well and being the oldest daughter he gave it to me. A cherished treasure.

I have so many more Easter decorations, from an Easter Dept.56 scene to a multitude of bunnies but this year I was so very busy with my daughters wedding that these were all I managed to get up. They do bring me a great deal of pleasure. The simple things in life.

3 comments:

  1. Love your Easter decorations Carolyn -- very festive even if it isn't as much as you usually do. Love your special decoration from your Mom.

    ReplyDelete