Monday, September 14, 2009

Beach Mosaic

My husband and I have returned from our trip to the beach. I stayed so busy that I didn't use my camera much. On Labor Day weekend the whole family was there to visit with us and we had a lovely afternoon picnic. I spent most of the day in the kitchen so I didn't even get photos of the grandchildren playing on the beach. I did get these photos of a beautiful sunset one evening while there.

I am joining Mary's Mosaic Monday today. To see other participants in Mosaic Monday click here.




You can click on to the mosaic to enlarge and we were staying on the Gulf of Mexico near Applachiacola, FL. The sandpipers are very hard to see since it was almost dark but they were a constant joy to watch as they scurried along the beach.

9 comments:

  1. That's such a pretty mosaic. I also love the little sandpipers, they always seem so intent on their tasks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a magnificent mosiac for Monday. I so love the beach. I was born in Charelston, SC and ofcourse the beach was such a part of our lives for a long time. I could spend every waking moment there. I remember as a child saying I was going to grow up and become a beach bumb because I loved it there so much. Looking at your pictures I can smell the salt air. I can feel the wind blowing through my hair, and I can hear the lapping of the waves. Thank you for sharing this wonderful Monday with me. You took me back if only for a moment, to a wonderful time in my life. Country hugs sweetie, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, just look at that beautiful soft color! thanks so much for sharing your lovely images at Mosaic Monday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Beach is my favorite!!! Beautiful images.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how beautiful! I'm a beach girl from 'way back -- but Long Island, not Florida! But a beach is a universal thing, isn't it?

    I love the pink and blue frames you used -- they pick up the hints of those colors in the sunsets so nicely.

    Cass

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah so peaceful. beautiful mosaic! Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfectly peaceful. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the soft pastels of the clouds and its reflection on the sand and beach. It is a lovely mosaic.

    Ebie's Mosaic

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you enjoy my part of the world! It is beautiful and you captured that!

    ReplyDelete