Monday, August 22, 2011

Guest Bedroom

For the past couple of weeks I have been busy getting some new drapes up and shaping up my guest bedroom.
Some time ago when we repainted I painted most all the rooms in my house, with the exception of the dining room and my husband's office, a khaki colored paint. I wanted to keep this bedroom very neutral with the khaki, black, white and a few touches of pink.
I have always wanted an iron bed and when I first began redoing this room I knew a black iron bed was exactly what I wanted.

I had to special order the mahogany pine cone finials and brackets. This was something that held up my project. I also had found this fabric for my drapes and pillows with the khaki leaf print on it and it worked perfectly.
I also used some embroidered pillow here as well. The Euro sham is by Martha Stewart.
I love different fabrics and textiles and these were perfect.
The wing chair is very old and covered in an antique toile. The black and white plaid was not an old fabric but there was not enough to cover the seat cushion with the toile and the plaid worked very well.
A guest bedroom would not be complete without a TV so I found this mirrored table for it.
I am still looking for some things to hang on the walls and I am on the look out for some really good looking large baskets to go underneath this mirrored table. I need to hide some of what is underneath. I am looking for a dark brown basket and hope to find something compatible in a trash basket as well. As you can see, it still needs some work.

But as night falls it is still a charming room for guests even if still unfinished.

I have to add here because it is so dear to my heart, the oil painting of the little girl to the right of the dresser was painted by my mother whom we lost 20 years ago.
It's Tuesday and I am joining Marty at a Stroll Thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday.

9 comments:

  1. LOVE your guest bedroom! It is so cozy and inviting. You may think it's unfinished, but I love it. I love the colors and everything about it. Lovely bedding, and the chair is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carolyn -- What a pretty guest room!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a welcoming room -- lovely!!

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pleasant! Our guest room is Chinese red and has been for over fifteen years. It's time for a change and I'm looking for a "how I like my coffee" color. Sort of like the color you chose. Thanks for the validation.

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi lovely lady.
    You did a Beautiful job putting your guest room together. I would love to be a guest in your lovely home sweet lady.Im your newest follower on your Blog now. I hope you can come join my Tablescapes also. I hope you have a great week with your family.
    XXOO Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your room is gorgeous. I love the soft neutral colors and all of your linens are beautiful. You've created such an inviting space for your guests. Beautiful. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh...this is such a pretty room. Any guest would feel pampered here. The calm colors and the beautiful iron bed, and that gorgeous chair! I love it all! You did a wonderful job!

    Visiting from TTT. You have a lovely blog!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your guest room is just what such a room should be - warm and welcoming. I imagine that any guest would be very happy to snuggle in here for the night!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your guests will love staying in this room!

    ReplyDelete