Thursday, August 4, 2011

Chicken a la 'Orange

It is once again Friday and I am joining Foodie Friday at Designs by Gollum hosted by Michael Lee West.

Today I am sharing a recipe that was shared with me by a local caterer. I always like trying new recipes using chicken and this one is a winner. Very simple, using herbs and oh so tasty.

Chicken a la 'Orange

3 to 4 boneless/skinless chicken breasts
Salt and Pepper to taste
Blood Orange infused Olive Oil
4 tablespoons honey
1/2 cup frozen orange concentrate
a mix of fresh herbs, rosemary, lemon thyme, Italian parsley or a mixture of your favorite herbs (just a handful~maybe 1 to 1 1/2 tablespoons)

Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.

Season the chicken breast with salt and pepper and set aside. In a small saucepan mix the honey and 1/2 cup frozen orange juice concentrate and slowly bring it to a boil. Set it aside. Place the blood infused olive oil (about 2-3 tablespoons) in a fairly large saute pan that can also be placed in the oven, add the chicken and brown on both sides. Pour the orange and honey mixture over the chicken breasts, sprinkle with the mixture of fresh herbs and place in a pre-heated 375* oven for 15 minutes.

This is a very quick and simple chicken dish but it has lots of flavor. Some of my measurements were just a guess since this dish doesn't have to be exact.

This is the orange juice and honey mixture and it makes a very tasty glaze.


This is the blood orange olive oil that I used. This product is amazing and I did find it locally but it can also be found at http://www.calicocosmetics.com/. An odd place to be finding olive oil for sure but I use this so much that I won't be without it. It is that good of a product and was also recommended to me by a local caterer.


This dish went together so quickly and was so very flavorful. I am always searching for those simple but yet delicious ways to prepare chicken especially using herbs from my garden.


Pared with some Wild Rice with a drizzle of the orange glaze over it as well and a saute' of spinach, it was a delightful dinner and so very easy.


This chicken was delicious and the Orange Sauce was not the least bit heavy. You could taste each layer of flavor with the herbs.

Click here to see other participant's recipe's that have been shared. You will find some excellent recipes at Designs by Gollum.

5 comments:

  1. Lovely looking dinner, Carolyn. I will hae to give this one a try soon. :)

    Mary/saff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning! So nice stopping by to visit with you and enjoy your lovely blog. I have perused several of your posts and enjoyed each one :)

    Kindly, Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carolyn -- I am so making this -- sounds so yummy and so easy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would you believe that I already have blood orange olive oil? A local Italian restaurant has a lovely take out that includes a few flavored olive oils. Your chicken looks quite tasty.

    Have a delicious weekend!

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  5. This recipe reminds me of elegant dinners from the 60's when I was growing up. I will give this a try. I have found blood orange olive oil in a store that I can drive to, I enjoy it on spinach salads. I am visiting from Foodie Friday. You might enjoy my post today, speaking of flavored oils. xo,

    ReplyDelete