Monday, February 21, 2011

Spring is just around the corner and Bringing the Outdoors In

Here in our area of North Florida for the past week we have been experiencing some mild temperatures. I suspect that we will still have some freezing temperatures to look forward to but for the time being I am enjoying getting out in the garden. Over the weekend I have begun replanting my herb bed that I mix in with old garden roses , bulbs that are now blooming and a few poppies. The old garden roses are not yet blooming and all of the herbs I replanted  can endure the cooler temps if we should have more winter. Hopefully, some of you will delight in these blooms and know that Spring is right around the corner for you as well.


These are heirloom daffodils.




My kitty planter is planted with catnip although I don't have a cat but it makes for a very soothing tea.

I am sharing a newly acquired blooming plant, a couple of orchids that I have brought inside and a vase of stock in a magnificant blue color.

This is a phalanopsis, one that began blooming recently and this soft pink color goes in any room. I particularly like having an orchid at the end of my island since I am in my kitchen most of the time. The white vase has blue stock which I purchased from Fresh Market. I love having fresh flowers in my home and this stock was just gorgeous. Even as it's blooms were waning I found them to be interesting.
The plant on the upper part of the mosaic is called Charita. A very unusual plant and has many of the requirements of an African Violet which I also grow. On the black table is an Oncidium orchid. When it blooms it puts up multiple shoots of this soft pale peachy pink color and it is so delicate.

Today I am joining Mary at Little Red House for Mosaic Monday.

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful. I have to try my luck with an orchid now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful! We are trying to keep two orchids growing, in the hope that they will reward us by re-blooming. That would be such a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty....love the two mosaics.
    xo,
    Sena

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can never get my orchids to have a 2nd bloom... frustrating. Thank you so much for stopping by to say hi... you have a gorgeous home!

    ReplyDelete