Sunday, January 23, 2011

Mosaic Monday

I haven't posted on Mosaic Monday in such a long time but this week I felt that I had some pics worthy of Mosaic Monday. As program chair of my garden circle I had scheduled a dear friend of mine who does flowers for very large events in our area to come and do a demonstration for our circle. The theme being, "Feathering Your Nest with Flowers". She focused on cutting from our own gardens even if it were twigs and adding in few flowers. Some interesting ideas to say the least.

This one using groups of magnolia leaves which are readily available in our area and inserting few flowers that were purchased.
This bouquet using two sided tape on a cylinder clear glass container, cutting asparagus to the size of the container, tying with raffia and inserting very few bought flowers.
This used taller (about six inches) cylinder vases, very few flowers in each vase and tying all six vases together with a lovely sheer green ribbon with brown satin edges. For a luncheon, each guest could take home a vase of flowers.

I thought this to be an excellent program even if I did organize it myself. I surely walked away with some creative ideas.

I am joining Mary at Little Red House for her blogging party, Mosaic Monday.

Happy Monday to everyone,
Carolyn

6 comments:

  1. Very sweet arrangement. I wish I had access to magnolia leaves but they are scarce in the Midwest to say the least! ;-D

    I love the look of the vase with the asparagus. Herbs would be fantastic as well. Beautiful mosaic!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carolyn.

    Lovely arrangements and lovely mosaics. It has been cold here in Florida hasn't it?

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely arrangements - amazing how just a few blooms really brings punch to an arrangement. Great mosaics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are very lovely arrangements. Very clever to use the asparagus. Great mosaics. I like the idea of each guest taking home a vase of flowers. I am going to keep that idea in mind for women's luncheon I will be hosting in March.

    ~ Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful flower arrangements! I love magnolia leaves and which they were readily available here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the beautiful pinks and magenta colors of the flowers used in these beautiful arrangements. Your moasics are lovely!

    ReplyDelete