Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A Special Christmas Gift

I was so surprised to receive this Christmas gift from my husband. I had seen it in a gift shop just a few days before Christmas. It was love at first site.


I envisioned a fresh Fruit and Cheese display on this piece. It is a very old piece of wood and the handmade sculpture of the pears and leaves I think made it a piece of art.



The detail work is just unbelievable.



I am always on the look out for unique serving pieces when I entertain and this I thought was an amazing piece.



I was so surprised when I opened this gift. It seems that the owner of the shop called my husband at his office and told him how I was so taken by this piece. I was so glad that he was still looking for a couple of more things to go under the Christmas tree for me. The first week in February I am hosting a dinner party. Last year I started a dinner group for "Ladies Only", however we have included the husbands a time or two throughout the year. I enjoy the "Ladies Only" concept but you can bet that this gorgeous tray will be filled with some delicious cheeses with fruit scattered. I'm thinking an excellent gorgonzola with some figs and grapes and probably a drizzle of honey over the gorgonzola as it sits on toast points. YUM. I suppose I should have done a mock up on my new gift but I'll post a photo in a few weeks. This was a very appreciated gift and one I will use often.





Today I am joining Marty at a Stroll Thru Life for her Tabletop Tuesday blog party.



5 comments:

  1. What a wonderful tray. I love it and the silver fruit and handle are so unique and so pretty. I love it displayed with the hurricane. Beautiful. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am In LOVE with your tray!!! Is it a one of a kind piece or does it have a manufacturer???I'm a handled ANYTHING fanatic. If a dish or a platter, etc has handles "It follows me home"!!! I LOVE this. and Oh It Will make a wonderful cheese and fruit display! Your Hubby is a "Keeper"!!!
    Hugs, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful tray! Those handles are exquisite and so unique. What a special gift and treasure.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tray is so pretty and I know you will get a lot of use out of it. Great gift.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the little tray...perfect for a sweet little snack with the ladies! I used to be in a monthly group like this...it was a wonderful way to get out of the house and away from the kids! lol! We always had a ball. Your husband sounds like a real sweetheart! Lucky you!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete