Saturday, August 29, 2009

40th Wedding Anniversary

Today my husband and I celebrate our 40th Wedding Anniversary. WOW, what can I say but it seems like I have been married my whole life and I would spend another 40 years with this same wonderful, loving and caring man. I have been blessed.

We don't normally make too much of anniversaries but this year I wanted to give my husband something special to commemorate the celebration of so many years. Afterall I feel that this is truly a milestone. I have agonized for weeks about what to get him. Then one day while out shopping I came upon this lovely oil painting by a local artist.




It looked like someone had painted it from a photo of a field of sunflowers that we had at our weekend getaway in S GA. You see, my husband had planted this three acre field in sunflowers and we could sit on our rocking chair front porch and enjoy the view from across the road. The sunflower field was him doing something that he knew I would love.




We spent many weekends up at our farm enjoying the Sunflower Field and now the field is spent and has been harrowed under. When I saw this oil painting of this Sunflower Field I thought it would be a nice reminder of that beautiful field he had planted for me that we both enjoyed so very much. I will have it framed and hang it at our farm. It is a small painting done in oils but it truly does look like someone had taken a picture at our farm.




I hope he likes it as much as I do. I think he will. It just goes to show that when you least expect it that perfect gift pops up.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary. Our 40th is coming up in January. I love this very personal gift you are giving him. It is beautiful, by the way. I would love for you to join me for Crock Pot Wednesday on diningwithdebbie.blogspot.com. Mister Linky will be up by Tuesday for your entry. Thanks so much for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary Carolyn --

    It looks as if that IS a painting of your sunflower field -- captured in its glory -- Walter will love it! Such a great treasure for a special anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carolyn,

    No wonder the painting caught your eye. It does look so much like your sunflower field.

    I hope Walter loves it and Happy 40th!

    Mary/saff

    ReplyDelete