Saturday, August 15, 2009

Flowers in Your Home

I always have to have something blooming in my house. Whether it is a blooming Orchid or African Violet.



It adds so much to the decor of a home, in my opinion.




At times it could be flowers you have cut from your garden.



These happen to have been placed on my bedside table to brighten my day as I awoke. The container is a special piece of a porcelein pitcher that my grandmother painted. Bouquets in those kinds of containers are always "special".



Then there are those occassions when you have to put a flower arrangement together for a special occassion. I dearly love to do flower arrangements and when there is not enough flowers in the garden for the massive arrangements that I like to do then one must buy the flowers. This happens to be the arrangement that I put together to go on the table that displayed my daughters wedding gifts. She is an old fashioned kind of girl and wanted to display her gifts at home as I did when I got married.



Then there are those other occassions that always bring a smile to my face such as this photo placed at my entry during the Easter holidays.




A couple of weeks ago I was looking for some pretty flowers to place on my kitchen island. I had a beautiful bouquet of roses in my hand when I spied this gorgeous pale pink shade of Stock. Believe it or not, it had a lovely cinnamon fragrance to it soooooooo I thought what better to go in an arrangement for my kitchen island. Not for a special occassion but to add warmth and cheer for me.



Can you smell the cinnamon fragrance?



If not, I will move a little closer.




Flowers in your home whether they are potted plants, grown in your garden or purchased flowers are a "Good Thing". They fill your home with warmth and cheer. This vase of Stock lasted for two weeks.




I hope you have a lovely remainder of the day and enjoy your weekend.

Carolyn

5 comments:

  1. Love all your bouquets. I can imagine how lovely the stocks would smell in your kitchen.

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flowers are wonderful inside or out. I bought a lovely bouquet of sunflowers, snapdragons and yellow mums at the grocery tonight for a marked-down price of $3.00! What a bargain to brighten up my kitchen table all week. Love the stock aroma too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the flowers. I love flowers in the bathroom too, its an unexpected surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carolyn -- you are a master at arranging flowers -- I love stock as well -- the fragrance is amazing!

    I like flowers on my bedside table, too!

    I can't imagine a house without any flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Flowers just add that something special to a room! And by the way, your kitchen is gorgeous!

    Stay Cozy, Carrie

    ReplyDelete