Thursday, February 19, 2015

Breakfast Vignette for Two

This table has a story and will not be in my kitchen very long. I bought it last October at a charming little shop in Apalachicola, FL and I thought it would be perfect for this spot. This is the same spot where I had originally had my antique French Pastry table. I have since longed for my French Pastry table back where I had originally placed it. This table which I fell in love with just wasn't being used but I do have another place for it. I will soon be rearranging most of my house in terms of furniture but that is for another time. It occurred to me that I had never shared a table setting at this diminutive table for two.
This is an area at the end of my kitchen and it fits perfectly for a table for two but to seat others at this table, it will open up and can seat 6 people but it made it quite close with the cabinetry just behind it. When it's moved it will always remain open and used as a buffet for a breakfast room just off from the kitchen and I just fell in love with the eclectic look of this table.


A table set with my favorite Italian Vietri  dishes, Contrada which has now been discontinued and I would love to add to this set of dishes. I have checked replacements many times but they are always out of stock. Some day I will find more.

The depression glass fruit cup was THE piece which began my collection of depression glass. As you may or may not know, various depression glass pieces were placed in boxes of laundry detergent during the depression. My great grandmother collected these in the yellow Madrid pattern which she eventually gave to my mother. Over the years my mother added to the collection and later gave her collection to me. I have since collected other patterns but the Madrid pattern is very special to me because of it's story.

The daffodils are an antique variety which are now blooming in my garden. I added some sprigs of lavender to the vase for a subtle fragrance. My Italian dishes seem to be a perfect pattern for this wee table for two. Nest time you see it, it will have found a new resting place.

I am sharing this post with Susan at her blogging party Tablescape Thursday at Between Naps on the Porch. You can click  HERE to view other fabulous table setting ideas. Enjoy your day everyone.

3 comments:

  1. Oh how darling this is! I adore your table!!! What a fabulous find! And depression glass....a girl after my own heart! Beautiful setting...warm and inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The table setting is wonderfully spring-like. I can imagine the sunshine streaming in while you have breakfast. The story that goes with your depression glass is very sweet - such a lovely thing to one day hand down with the expanded collection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely table and very pretty dishes. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete