Thursday, February 5, 2015

A Review of Table Settings, 2014

This past year I did not post too many table settings which is odd because I do love to finesse a beautiful table, play with my choices and share the result. I am now at a stage in life that I am trying to pare down all the "stuff" that one collects over the years but that just makes setting a pretty table more of a challenge in not doing the same ole same ole thing each time you set a table. So I have more often gone with very simple tablescapes and flowers. These are a few that I apparently never posted this past year.

Easter, 2014

As always I enjoy cutting flowers from my own garden to do a flower arrangement. My landscaping was originally designed with year round options for putting together flower arrangements. The greenery is always from my garden, limelight hydrangeas with a few store bought roses added in. There is so much color going on in my dining room that I have been going with the "less is more theory" in terms of color in my arrangements and I am loving those shades of whites color schemes for my arrangements.
 

 
 


This is one of two antique salt and pepper cellars with the original cobalt blue inserts. I believe these were made in the early 1800's and are often on my table when entertaining.  
 
 
 
Simple Summer Table
I love using blue in the summer. It is so crisp and clean and perfect for a casual small dinner gathering.
 

 
 
 
 
I've only had these Limelight hydrangeas planted in my garden for two years but this past year to my delight  this variety not only gives shades of white but I have found them to be the easiest hydrangea for drying. I still had some of these blooming into October as well. I have been extremely pleased with this variety of hydrangea.
 

 
Thanksgiving 2014
 
Often in the Fall I get out my antique dough bowl and fill it with seasonal pumpkins, gourds, and ornamental squashes. It stays on my table until after Thanksgiving.
 



 

 
 

 
Thanksgiving Appetizer Table
 
A French Antique Pastry Table, not often used as a pastry table but I do enjoy using it to serve appetizers and it has been moved to a room that I can move the flow of people in my house during a busy holiday.
 



Christmas 2014
My centerpiece for Christmas was a long ceramic piece that I planted with very small hydrangea plants, again going with the "less is more" theory. It appears that I did that most of this past year and never realized it until looking back at my review.
 


 

Another year has past, we are now into February and I am anxious to get busy finessing more tables. I guess that means I should have more dinner party's or luncheons.

It's Thursday and I am sharing this post at Tablescape Thursday hosted by Susan at Between Naps on the Porch. It has been a while since I have posted on this blogging party. Click HERE to view other shared tablesettings.

Enjoy you day, Carolyn


 

2 comments:

  1. Such fun to see all of your lovely tables!! I understand the desire to pare down all of the collections - I need to do the same, but just cannot seem to let go just yet. Thanks for sharing - I love Spode Christmas Tree china and think it looks wonderful on that plaid tablecloth!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are all lovely...seriously coveting those open salts.

    ReplyDelete