Thursday, August 30, 2012

An Anniversary Dinner

This week my husband and I celebrated our 43rd wedding anniversary, I'm not sure where the time went?  Because of all the bad weather thanks to Hurricane Isaac we chose to have a quiet dinner at home.


This was a last minute decision since we had reservations at our favorite restaurant but it had been raining on and off all day. We live way to the west of where Hurricane Isaac landed but it was such a huge storm with outer bands of rain for miles and miles. We have had so much rain lately that I was fearful that we would lose power because of a toppled tree which is not unusual.

 
 

I most always have an orchid blooming so that served as our centerpiece. It also gave me the opportunity to use my new blue bowls, faux depression glass.

 
 
 
 
 
Since I am an avid bird watcher and also a collector of birds I always enjoy adding some birds to my table arrangement. I have lots and lots of silver birds and these napkin rings are iron. I love these little napkin rings.
 


 
 
 
No anniversary celebration would be complete without a bottle of champagne and it even has a rose on the label.
 


It was a good decision to not go out in the bad weather but enjoy a nice quiet dinner at home even if it was a last minute decision. I managed to prepare for dinner some of my husband's favorite, it's a good thing he has simple tastes.

 
 
Today I am sharing my post at BNOP for Tablescape Thursday. There are some beautiful ideas for table settings shared .

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the anniversary. Lovely table!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful Anniversary table setting, in an also beautiful dining room. I love the orchid centerpiece. Yes, I would imagine you been worried with the Issac, but I'm happy it was not close to your area. Many blessings for the both of you, it's so refreshing to hear about long anniversaries. We were 37 last Feb. Enjoy your weekend.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary, Carolyn! Your anniversary dinner table is just beautiful. Stay safe and I hope you don't lose power with Isaac.

    All best wishes to you,
    Francie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes a simple meal at home is more of a delight than a nice restaurant. Your table is beautiful and I trust that your anniverary celebration was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! Happy Anniversary to you both.

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  6. There are years when we make elaborate plans and then choose to stay home - after all, as you seem to, we love one another's company!
    Happy Anniversary to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You probably had a better meal there than at the restaurant. Hope you got a good tip(wink!)

    Love the napkin rings.

    ReplyDelete