Thursday, August 9, 2012

Shrimp Scampi with Linguini

This was a recipe that was shared by a friend and I believe it was a Tyler Florence recipe. Since I have had some recent health issues I am now trying to stay with a lighter diet. The moment I saw this recipe I knew it would definitely work well with my new diet. It is a quick, easy and light recipe with lots and lots of flavor.



Shrimp Scampi with Linguini

Serves 4-6

1 pound linguini
4 tablespoons butter
4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
2 large shallots, finely diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
Pinch red pepper flakes
1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1/2 cup dry white wine
Juice of 1 lemon
1/4 cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped

Place a large pot of water on the stove to boil. When it has come to a boil add a couple of tablespoons of salt and the linguini. Stir to make sure the pasta separates. When the water returns to a boil, cook for about 6 to 8 minutes or until the pasta is al dente. Drain the pasta.

Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter in 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat. Saute' the shallots, garlic, and red pepper flakes until the shallots are translucent, about 3 to 4 minutes. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper; add them to the pan and cook until they have turned pink, about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove the shrimp from the pan; set aside and keep warm. Add wine and lemon juice and bring to a boil. Add 2 tablespoons butter and 2 tablespoons oil. When the butter has melted, return the shrimp to the pan along with the parsley and cooked pasta. Stir well and season with salt and pepper. Drizzle over a bit more olive oil and serve immediately.

*************************************************************************************


I always prep all of my ingredients which made this recipe go together even quicker. Actually it is necessary because this is truly a ten minute dinner. Does it get any better than that?




The shallots with the red pepper flakes smelled amazing. I used an Italian peperoncino that I think has a more intense flavor.



In Ina Garten fashion, I added some lemon slices so one would know that there is lemon in the dish.



This was an easy but yet elegant entree and delicious as well. I will definately make this again and again. Pared with a good bottle of white wine and a mixed green salad it makes for a wonderful summer time dinner.


I am sharing this post at Designs by Gollum for Foodie Friday.

4 comments:

  1. This looks sensational! I'm always on a diet so I should make this about once a week! Thanks so much for sharing...love the shot of your kitchen! I'd have fun cooking at that stove!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a delightful summer dish that's ready in a jiffy and doesn't heat up your whole kitchen.

    Jackie@Syrup and Biscuits

    ReplyDelete
  3. This does sound delicious! Next time our shrimp guy from Galveston comes to town I have to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have nominated you for The Liebster Award. Please stop by my blog for details. Patsy

    ReplyDelete