Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thanksgiving Tables

We ususally have two tables for Thanksgiving, one for the adults in the dining room and one for the four grands on the screened porch. My dining room opens out to the screened porch and on a beautiful day here in N FL it makes for a perfect setting as was this past Thanksgiving, cool temperatures and a beautiful day. The children feel as if they are sitting with all of us and it works great for me in terms of clean up.

Here is our Thanksgiving table.

By candlelight is was gorgeous and I tried to keep it so very simple.




My centerpiece was done in an antique bread bowl with an assortment of pumpkins, gourds and butternut squash with some faux berries.
I used my woven chargers, Spode Turkey dinner plates, Spode bronze stemware, Pottery Barn Leaf salad bowls, and those charming turkey place card holders that I found at a local gift shop last year. Behind the place card holders you can see my white turkeys that I found at William Sonoma this year. The amber candle holders I have had for a very long time and use them throughout the Fall season.
I just absolutely loved these white turkeys that I found at William Somoma.
The place card holders I found at a local gift shop and used the same ones on the childrens table. It made them feel even more special.

These acorn napkin ring holders I have had for such a long time and use them often in the Fall. I found them at an antique shop many years ago in Blowing Rock, NC when I was visiting a friend there. 
They always remind me of that special trip with just the two of us.


I always love to use my collection of silver birds on any table.

The children's table is set up just beyond the French doors. We swing them open and the children feel as if they are sitting in the same room.

The ten year old grandsons have outgrown the cutsie Thanksgiving plates from Pottery Barn but I can mix the Spode Turkey plates with those for the younger children.
The younger children love these little plates.
These Turkey napkin rings were made by my mother many years ago and I shared this with the children this Thanksgiving. Traditions..........this is what I hope to pass on to my grands.
We had one of the most memorable Thanksgiving's ever and I hope that my efforts will be remembered. I do want to pass on some of the traditions that were passed on to me.

It is time to move on to the Christmas Season and I am up to the task. I hope you enjoyed your Thanksgiving celebration as much as I did, filled with family and traditions.

I am joining Seasonal Sunday's at The Tablescaper's blogging party.



I am also linking to Susan's blogging party Tablescape Thursday at Between Naps on the Porch.

19 comments:

  1. Both tables are lovely - so sweet that the older grandchildren move along gradually ....first to an adult plate, and then one day to the adult table. I have to tell you though, that my son and two nephews, all in their thirties would still sit at a table with their wives, and enjoy every minute at the 'kids' table!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful table and what a great place for the grandkids to eat too! Love those acorn and turkey napkin rings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carolyn, thank you for sharing these beautiful pictures. I know your children and grandchildren are making wonderful memories of you and your graciousness and love of beauty!!!

    Francie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carolyn, your Thanksgiving table settings are stunning. You are right Thanksgiving in North Florida, the weather has the potential to be very nice.

    Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

    Cheers.
    Velva

    P.S. We probably live in the same neighborhood, and don't even know it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful, elegant table. I love the Spode, it's so classic; and your white turkeys are charming. The napkin rings are so unique; we live in N.C. and love to visit Blowing Rock when we get a chance. Your dining room is lovely. The children's table is just perfect. I'm sure this made wonderful memories for everyone! Have a great week!

    Denise at Forest Manor

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your tables are just beautiful! Anything but simple! I bet you got a lot of compliments...and as you said, it's all about traditions and having them passed on. Your grandchildren will always remember Thanksgiving with love!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful table, beautiful memories. Your dining room is enchanting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carolyn -- your tables are exquisite as always! So elegant and tasteful! Love the "kiddie" turkey plates. Hard to believe those twins are that old! I especially like your centerpiece. It is PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both tables look so pretty! What a wonderful setting for the grandkids & such an elegant one for the adults. Everyone must feel so special at your home!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous and very elegant decor!
    Happy Thanksgiving!
    Hope to see you on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just beautiful...love the candlelight photos! How cute is the children's table!!
    Miss Bloomers

    ReplyDelete
  12. Carolyn, I just posted a reply to your question about gourmet in my comments. Thanks for asking and good luck with your gourmet group. It's true - doing the entire dinner alone would be very hard.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Carolyn,

    I'm so glad you visited my blog and am flattered you've put it on your list of favorites. How wonderful that you have property in Franklin, NC. That is a very pretty and charming town. My husband and I have visited there every July for the past seven years, along with Highlands. Have you been to Highlands yet? It's less than 20 miles from Franklin; it's a beautiful little mountain town.

    I've been looking at some of your recipes, and they look wonderful!! I love cookbooks and recipe blogs, so I look forward to following your posts.

    I hope you have a great week!

    Denise at Forest Manor
    http://houseatforestmanor.blogspot.com/2011/11/giving-thanks.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is just spectacular, Carolyn! I love every inch of BOTH tables! Such wonderful attention to detail & I think it is especially nice that you try hard to include the children & explain to them the history of the family treasures.

    I clicked on some of your photos to enlarge them so I could enjoy them better. Blogger has recently instituted that goofy line of photos.."Lightbox" ...that come up when you click on a picture.

    To get rid of it, go to "Settings" then scroll down & in the drop down
    menu next to "Showcase images with Lightbox" click "No" & be sure to save your changes.
    This will get you back to where you can see a photo enlarged when you click on it.

    I hope this is helpful.
    fondly,
    Rett

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your Thanksgiving table was GORGEOUS!!! I love it. And the kids table was so cute. I am a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  16. what beautiful tables Carolyn! you can tell that so much thought and love went into both...
    xojoan

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful tables...I especially like the ones in candlelight, they are so warm and inviting. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful tables for both the adults and the children! I'm sure the kids appreciate it that you let them feel "grown up" with a nicely decorated table. The adult table is absolutely fabulous, and the centerpiece the very picture of how one envisions Thanksgiving! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Two wonderful tablescapes. I adore that at even an early age, your grands are learning to love the art of gracious entertaining. I want to share your table with my daughter-in-love. She has the Woodland Spode, too. I've never seen the Spode stemware. I'll be looking for those. Thank you for inviting us for a peak at your beautiful celebration. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete