Friday, November 18, 2011

Roasted Vegetables

One of my most favorite ways to serve a medley of vegetables is to Roast them. It's easy, quick and roasting them imparts a different flavor to the way my mother prepared them, over cooked and in a bath of water.
My choice of vegetables is most always Yukon Gold Potatoes, Red Onion, Carrots, Squash, Zuchinni, Red Bell Pepper, and Cherry Tomatoes. Spinkled with some kosher salt, freshly ground pepper and a drizzle of a good olive oil. A sprinkle of fresh herbs can only enhance this side too and I have in my garden almost year round thyme and rosemary.

My olive oil of choice is this one. It is a perfect olive oil for roasting. On occassion I will use this with just a subtle taste of garlic.

I always add more vegetables than I need because the leftovers the next day make the most delicious soup.
I place the leftover veggies in my blender adding a little chicken stock (store bought is fine here). Then I place them in a sauce pan with some additional chicken stock to my particular preference and heat. When serving I sometimes drizzle with a little Truffle Oil or maybe some freshly grated Parmesan cheese. It is simply DEVINE.

The next time you want a one dish side give Roasted Vegetables a try, a healthier way to serve veggies. You won't be disappointed.

Today I am linking this post to Foodie Friday hosted by Michael Lee at Designs by Gollum.

2 comments:

  1. I'm my favorite way to cook them too. I love how mellow the flavors get in the oven.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I have a choice I choose to roast vegetables every time. They are so much sweeter that way. I will take your advice on the soup, as this is something I've never done with the leftovers.

    ReplyDelete