Thursday, June 23, 2011

Intimate Dinner for Four

The heat and humidity of our summers here in North Florida has caused me to bring any and all dinner parties inside. This table was a small intimate dinner for four.
I am making an effort to incorporate more blue into my decor. I admit to being influenced by a very dear friend who has a passion for blue and white. I had been on the lookout for placemats that have just touches of blue but also incorporated other colors of this room. I found these recently at a small nearby gift shop and she only had the four but that worked for me.

They worked well with my white Villroy & Boch dinner ware. I also used my hotel silver from Horchow and the yellow stemware ties everything together. They were a purchase of many years ago and I just love the feel of them in my hand and they are made from recycled glass which is another plus.
Several years ago I was gifted with these beautiful pear shaped bowls from that same dear friend who has influenced that love for blue and white. I find that I use them often for salad and I always make a salad with pears added to it. I love a salad with the freshness of a fruit added to it along with a light homemade vinaigrette such as a Lemon Vinaigrette.
These little bird S&P add a little bit of whimsy to the table. I found these not long ago in a charming little gift shop at one of my favorite places to shop, Thomasville, GA.

I love this candle piece and it was one of my first blue and white purchases. I have to say that it spoke to me upon first seeing it.

Good friends, good food, interesting conversation, it just doesn't get any better than that.


Today I am joining Susan's blogging party at Between Naps on the Porch. To see some creative and interesting tablesettings of other participants please click HERE.

4 comments:

  1. I'm a major blue and white girl...and most other colors, too. It's s good thing that you got to the candle piece before I got there...because otherwise, it would have been on my table. It's such a great piece. I like your tablescape. The creamery bottles were ordered by my friend who has a booth, The Unbuttoned Curmudgeon, at Broadway Antique Mall, Edmond, Oklahoma. You can email her at bjrobinson@cox.net. They are darling. I'd order them sooner rather than later, if you decide that you want them. They are quite reasonably priced.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carolyn - what a perfect table! And I love your new placemats! Everything is so beautiful -- but you always set a nice table -- and the candles for the centerpiece are perfect!!!

    And dear Carolyn, you are too kind!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a lovely dinner. I am following back!!! Adorable fur babies!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful setting Carolyn, I love the combination of colors and they stand out so well on your gorgeous table.

    Thank you so much for your kind message on my blog ~

    I couldn't seem to find your email address listed here on your blog, so I sent you a message to the one I had on file from a couple of years ago. (cg-----@comcast) I hope that's the correct address.

    If you did not receive it, please drop me an email at onceuponaplate (@) gmail (dot) com, and I'll resend it.

    I hope you have a wonderful weekend ~m.

    ReplyDelete