Monday, June 20, 2011

A Few Garden Mosaics

I am new to photography and it is merely a hobby for me. My skills are limited, however, I do enjoy working at improving my skills. Hopefully, I will improve over time but until then????? Today I am sharing a few of my garden photos in mosaics and joining Mary's blogging party at Mosaic Monday at Little Red House.

Very soon my nasturtiums will be pulled because our heat is  getting to them but I have enjoyed them. I find so many uses for them from adding them to salads with their peppery taste to finessing on appetizer trays. The hydrangeas, roses, cone flowers and herbs continue to be a source of delight though.

The delphiniums have been just gorgeous this year but they too are waning in our heat but this salvia is attracting so many hummingbirds and I am enjoying watching their antics.
My fountain is so close to my patio as you can see and is such a relaxing source. I have many daylilies scattered amongst all my beds and they are putting on their show right now.
This bed  is also a delight with the heady fragrance of the old roses and the lavender is also blooming right now. This year I planted more lavender than I ever have and the fragrance with the roses is amazing.

I hope you have enjoyed a little of my garden. It is not a large garden but it does bring me a great deal of pleasure. Please visit Mary at Little Red House for more Mosaic Monday inspiration.

8 comments:

  1. Oh such pretty flower beds! I am a new gardener and am anxious to begin building some depth in my beds. The rear yard will be done soon- new patios, decks, etc. I've pinned a few of your photos for ideas! Thanks for the inspiration. Visiting from Mary's.
    ~ Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carolyn -- your garden is beautiful -- one of the prettiest I've seen and you can see the care you take with them.

    Weedy Linderhof, I'm out to the garden in a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful flower beds! It is nice to get out and about and tend to our gardens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my blog, My Old Historic House. I love your dogs. I have a very spoiled beagle, Ms.Sissy Dog. I think you're garden is delightful and I would think a raintree would do just fine in Florida. Do you have some fall and winter? They loose there leaves, and need that seasonal change. I bet they would do fine. I am you're newest follower. Thanks, Richard

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your garden is so beautiful and mature. I just started mine two years ago and have similar plants but they are not as fully developed as yours. I did notice that they increased in size this year.
    I absolutely love your garden. Everything is so lush. I am having a hard time with lavender. What kind do you plant? I am thinking our environment may be similar.
    Thank you so much for sharing. I haven't tried the mosaics yet but yours turned our fabulously.
    Have a great week. Ginger :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carolyn, it's inspiring. We live in a new house we've only been in for three years. It came with some landscaping. Last year I added some starts I was given of a perennial and this year they are taking off. This spring I planted columbines and Asiatic lilies and Bill planted blue hydrangeas. This fall I want to add grape hyacinths and pale daffodils next to the columbines, also some rust and ochre colored chrysanthemums. I appreciate the way you have scattered your day lilies gracefully around your beds in various spots.
    All best to you,
    Francie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your garden is so pretty! Our nasturtiums haven't yet bloomed, but once they do we will leave them through the first frost in October. I can't wait to see the beautiful, vibrant colours on top of the stone wall. I wonder what you'll put into the beds in place of the nasturtiums - or if it is just too hot for more planting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your pictures make me think you have a little English garden around your brick porch. Everything looks so manicured and pretty. Our lilies are going well this year, too. The heat has not killed us out yet, but it will happen before too long. Love your wonderful mosaics. You did a lovely job. Genie

    ReplyDelete