Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Another Casual Family Dinner

When there are but just a few of us we enjoy having our dinner at the "Morning Room" table instead of the dining room. It is smaller but more intimate and this room is just off from my kitchen and perfect for a casual family dinner.

This past week my son, his wife and their two daughters joined us for a steak dinner.

The table was set for five of us and we always pull up the high chair that all three of my own children sat in as children and now the grand children sit in it. We always pull it up to the table for the wee ones and we only have one of those at the moment, two year old little Nolyn. Thats big sis, Bryson sitting next to her.
Even though it is just family I always enjoy setting a pretty table and had just bought these hot pink place mats and was anxious to use them.
I thought the bird napkin rings looked very nice with the napkin and I have also used my Hotel silver as well as my Vietri Foglia salad bowls.
I bought this stem ware a long time ago from William Sonoma Home. They are a more casual stemware and I thought they looked similar to the stemware that Ina Garten often uses but so much more affordable, Cristallerie La Rochere and the pattern is Amite (the name of Ina's pattern that is).
These work for me and I do enjoy using them.

As it grew closer to dark, I lit the candles and the grand kidlets thought that was so cool.

I think it is appreciated that I set a beautiful table for a casual family dinner and so I will always continue to do so.


Enjoy your day.

Today is Thursday so I will share this post at Susan's lovely blog, Between Naps on the Porch.

13 comments:

  1. Your pink and green table setting is delightful. And, your little granddaughters are beautiful! What fun you must have with them!
    Thank you for the nice comments on my post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a happy table...it makes me smile. Your grandbabies are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always set a pretty table -- and I can't believe how big Bryson is!!!

    I do like your glasses as well. They are definitely an "Ina Shape"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such gorgeous salad bowls and I love the touch of PINK!

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like everything about your table.....the pink and green, the birdie napkin rings, and your gorgeous stemware. The candle light makes it all just sparkle and shine. What beautiful little grand kidlets you have.....I am a bit jealous as I have four grandsons and no hope of a little girl in the future. But I love and adore the boys and would not send a one of the "back"......one of the grandsons told me that my table is never "boring"....I think that was a compliment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pink and green is a favorite combination of mine. I know that your adorable grandgirls love to sit at such a special table.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty table. I agree that it's important to set a lovely table even when it's family. How will children learn, otherwise?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful table! Would you share where you found the white cabbage leaf candleholders? I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think your family and close friends would love to sit at this table. It is bright and colorful and a perfect spot for the children to learn good manners. I always love your tablescapes, Carolyn, but I'm especially drawn to those you fashion for your family. Have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  10. I guarantee your granddaughters LOVED those hot pink place mats and those napkins. I know I would love them! I also liked those bird napkin rings and the leaf plates. They must have felt so special to be using such a pretty table.

    And I really liked it with the candles!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Carolyn, your table is lovely as usual. I always like to set a pretty table for casual dinners, too. Nolyn and Bryson are beautiful.

    My girls learned origami when they were very small, so I go them some napkin folding books. We always used to have elaborate napkins for dinner. :-)

    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely table and granddaughters are adorable. Your placemats and napkins are wonderful (I love pink) and those glasses definitely say "Ina" (isn't she great???)

    ReplyDelete
  13. The pink napkins, the birdie napkin rings, and the candles are memories your grandchildren will always remember. So nice to share that with them!

    ReplyDelete