Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Weekend at St. George Island, FL

This past weekend my monthly dinner club for girlfriends decided to include spouses for a weekend at St. George Island, FL. It was cold but we had a perfect venue for dinner parties on Friday and Saturday evenings. There were ten couples and three of the couples had homes on the island so there was plenty of room for everyone. Needless to say it was a fun weekend spent with great food and fellowship.


This view of the bay on the island was shot from this gorgeous screened room below.



Isn't this the most amazing porch and notice the bed at the end of the porch. I would never leave this space it was so beautiful.

On Friday night  one of the other house hosts hosted the dinner party at this house where I stayed. This area of the home was below the screened porch I showed you above and it  was the most amazing outdoor kitchen I have ever seen. Also a wonderful area to do an outdoor dinner party.



A close up of the table centerpiece. The silver fish were so pretty and they just used some fresh greenery from around the outdoor landscape. It was lovely.

On Saturday night I was one of the co-hostesses and was asked to do appetizers and desserts. I brought a Roasted Corn and Black Bean Salsa and a Sun Fix Cheese Ball which is a recipe given to me by a friend. Of course, being so close to Christmas I used some of my Christmas bowls and platters.


I helped our hostess set up the table decor. She used black tablecloths with lots of different shells and her gorgeous candle holders.


I certainly cannot forget her gorgeous china, a Mottahedah pattern with shells all over it.


A close up of the centerpiece using black net underneath. On the longer table we made it very elongated.


Such a gorgeous home and a fun time to jump start the Christmas season with good friends.

Today I am joining Susan at A Southern Daydreamer for her Outdoor Wednesday blog party. Enjoy your day today and thank you so much for visiting my blog. Please do come again.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful, beautiful pictures.

    Jocelyn
    http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos. What a great time you had with friends. Happy Outdoor Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful weekend. The home is lovely and the scenery is gorgeous. I just love that porch! Great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looked like you had a great time with friends. Great porch!! I wouldn't leave it either!!

    ReplyDelete