Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Our first Family Christmas gathering

This past Monday evening we had our first family Christmas celebration. The whole family gathered since one of my sons and his family would not be here for Christmas. We exchanged Christmas presents among the grown ups and of course the two little grand daughters opened their presents from us. It was a happy time but also sad that they wouldn't be here for Christmas. A mixed bag of emotions.

The grown kidlets sat in the dining room. I use my Spode Christmas china from Thanksgiving day to Christmas.






My daughter put together our centerpiece for the table. Fresh greenery with a few red carnations and a few Christmas tree balls. Simple but yet I think elegant in a silver container.



I also mix in some of my silver birds into the center piece display.







I also set a children's table but GiGi and Grand Dad sat with the grandchildren.





The children's dinner ware came from Pottery Barn. I wanted to give them their special place settings.







Later we gathered around the Christmas tree to open presents.



Today I am joining Susan's blog party, Tablescape Thursday, at Between Naps on the Porch. To see other inspiring participants click here.


7 comments:

  1. What truly beautiful tables. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what I admire more, your lovely table or that darling dog! I LOVE Cavaliers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It all looks outstanding...lovin' that PB kids Tableware!!!! Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, it all sounds perfectly wonderful. I love that you sit with the grandkids. That made me smile really big.

    Everything is absolutely gorgeous. What a beautiful room to begin with!!

    Hope you continue to have a merry Christmas season.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful tables you have made. I loved all your pieces especially the children's table. Have a Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always love your tables! They are so perfect!

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your table is lovely! I adore the children's table so much!

    ReplyDelete