Monday, December 27, 2010

The Most wonderful Christmas gift ever

My Christmas present that was the absolute best I could possibly receive was given to me by my daughter and her husband.

My daughter is thirty one years old, was married two years ago this March but she was feeling like she needed to have a baby ASAP if she was going to at all. Welllllllllllll, this Christmas morning they came over for breakfast and to open presents. We had finished opening presents and were just about to go in to breakfast when my daughter gave me another package. She told me, "Mom, I want you to open this but it is for both you and Dad." Now she had already told me that we would have the BEST Christmas ever from the two of them. So I opened the little package and it it was this.







She was right, it was the most wonderful Christmas gift I could possibly imagine. I have four beautiful grandchildren, two little girls of one sons and twin boys of my oldest sons and I feel so blessed but I truly am looking forward to this precious bundle of joy.





 When I opened that little box I cried, tears of joy as did son-in- laws Mom and Dad. They told them Christmas Eve in the same exact way. Both sets of parents are so very thrilled.

Today I am joining Marty at a Stroll Throught Life for her Table Top Tuesday-Anything Goes.   

13 comments:

  1. Congratulations...I know you are thrilled. The ornaments was such a sweet idea!

    Your grandchildren are just beautiful!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what a sweet way to make the big announcement! I know you enjoyed that VERY special moment! Blessings on the mother-to-be and the grandmother-to-be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy for you! Congrats! Kit

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your upcoming little grand! The little ornament will be treasured I know. You are blessed...look at all those gorgeous little grands! :)
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet story! It brought tears to my eyes! Happy New Year, Joan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how wonderful and what a special way to tell you. I know you are thrilled. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's so sweet! I love the little stork ornament. What a great way to share the joy with you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The sweet story about the stork ornament was great! I enjoyed your blog and just signed on as a follower. Please give my blog a look, as well. I concentrate mostly on recipes and cookbooks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how sweet -- truly a wonderful Christmas present. Your grands are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's really sweet. I can imagine.

    Hope more blessings to come on our upcoming year.

    Greetings from chilly Stockholm,
    /chie

    ReplyDelete
  11. AWE! That is wonderful news! Congratulations!

    Merry Christmas!

    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh Carolyn!! What wonderful news! I am so very happy for your family. What a lucky little baby to have you as their Grandmother!

    congratualtions to all!
    joan

    ReplyDelete