Tuesday, August 31, 2010

My Joyful Space

Victoria magazine has published a "Special" issue called Rooms of Bliss.




This issue was a result of the staff of Victoria magazine going through some of the archived original magazines. I have always been a fan of Victoria magazine and have most all of the original issues. When I go through some of those older issues it never fails to fill me with a warm and comforting feeling.

After enjoying this issue I find myself asking, what is the special space in my home that becons me there? Where I feel most sheltered, most serene, and most joyful. I try in every room in my home to decorate with that same thought in mind but this is my special place. The spot in my home where I go to relax and unwind.



It may be in the morning with a cup of coffee or in the afternoon with a cup of tea. Always with some reading material and just relaxing.



Surrounded by those special things that gives us a warm feeling.



That may be family photos and those special photos of lossed loved ones or photos that bring back happy memories. The trivet my cup is sitting on has my initials on it, handpainted by a dear friend and it is always sitting on this table waiting for my cup of something and this too is a warm reminder of dear friends.




Sometimes with a bouquet from the garden, even a wee bouquet but fragrant.



And always surrounded by my furry friends. Miss Scarlet laying next to me and Huey at my feet.





Today I am joining Marty's blog Party at a Stroll Thru Life. To view other participants of this lovely party just click here.



If you have not gotten this "Special" issue of Victoria magazine, I highly recommend it.



I hope you enjoy the remainder of this lovely Tuesday.

9 comments:

  1. Delightful!!
    such a serene and relaxing place..
    made even better with the furbabies near..
    warm sandy hugs..
    Loui♥
    ps.. please turn off the time wasting word verification! tks..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my...I love it! You have creeated a beautiful spot to sit and relax and reflect! I love all of the beautiful color in your space and the family photos are perfection! I have a spot in my home that makes me feel the same way! Aren't we lucky?!

    Your little fur babies are precious!

    I hope you are having a wonderful day!
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful spot in your home! I love side tables with family photos. You can never have too many. Thanks for sharing.
    ~Holly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Truly a special spot -- and there is nothing better than a cup of tea and a dog beside you and one at your feet!

    Lovely post!

    And I did find the magazines and am thrilled with it -- very thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how wonderful to have a comfy, inviting space. Yours is beautiful. Love the vignette and the pictures. I am trying to round up frames to put more family pictures out. They just make me feel so good. Thanks so much for linking to TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by! I love your comfortable spot! It looks very cozy. I love your colors too. I think I do see a bit of autumn decor there as well! It's a beautiful space!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful spot to relax. You have all you need: comfy (and gorgeous) furniture, photos of loved ones, and your doggies by your side! That's all I need too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your home is lovely and inviting. Your pups are precious.

    Have a wonderful day! La

    ReplyDelete
  9. That would be a favorite spot for me too - the colours, the comfortable-looking places to sit and sip, and of course, the furry friends. Thanks for sharing your special place.

    ReplyDelete