Wednesday, May 5, 2010

My Evolving Garden




It's Outdoor Wednesday again hosted by Susan at A Southern Daydreamer and I am joining this party to share my Evolving Garden. Here in North Florida all of our Spring bulbs have bloomed, the Azalea's have bloomed and all of our Spring flowering trees have as well.

I always look forward to the day when my roses begin putting on their show. Now I am a novice gardener and a novice photographer as you will see but I work at improving my gardening skills each and every day and the photography. I use to grow Hybrid Tea roses but now enjoy the Heirloom roses many of which I can recall the names of them but some I don't.



This is New Dawn that I have planted on a trellis as you walk off of my patio.






A closer look at this bloom.




New Dawn has such a sweet and delicate bloom. I love this little rose so much that I recently planted two more of this climbing variety on my fence.



The rose on the trellis makes a carpet with it's rose petals.





I have several other roses planted in this bed and mostly shades of pink.




Sometimes with a little pop of red. This is one of the Koster roses.



I am enjoying right now so many other plants in my garden and these irises are really showing a lot of bloom right now too.








This is my favorite spot to enjoy my morning coffee and the view from my patio.




This Staghorn Fern that gets morning sun I have had for many years. I recently had to repot it and it posed quite a challenege but I love what I did with it. Martha Stewart's most recent gardening issue was the inspiration for my repotting idea. Below the fern is spaghnum moss that was moistened when I repoted but before repotting I was told to place a banana peel between the moss and the fern and that was all the fertilizer I would need until I had to repot it again.



Taking the time to stop and smell the roses is a Good Thing.



Please check out other participants of Outdoor Wednesday and have a lovely day.

4 comments:

  1. I love your New Dawn rose over the arbor-I can see why you bought two more.
    I just planted some new roses yesterday and I put banana peelings under them along with manure and epsom salts-I hope they bloom as good as yours.
    You are right to stop and smell the roses-it is a Good Thing!

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh your rose is so pretty. Can't wait for mine to bloom I love them so much. Specially my Celciana. It smells like perfume.
    ~ ~Ahrisha~ ~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carolyn -- your garden is amazing and I always love to see pictures of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun garden tour. Your flowers are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete