Monday, January 11, 2010

Looking back at 2009

Today I am joining Mary at Little Red House for Mosaic Monday. It has been a while since I have joined in but thought I would share some Mosaics that I put together over the past year of special things that took place in our lives in 2009.

Our kitchen remodel was completed. What an ordeal but worth every bit of aggravation. I have enjoyed my new kitchen so much.



Our daughter was married in March at a plantation that is on the National Register, Pebble Hill Plantation.



It was a beautiful wedding and a special highlight in terms of family memories.



My husband and I vacationed after the wedding just south of us at St. Theresa Beach, FL and enjoyed some beautiful sunsets and much needed down time after all the parties and planning for the wedding.




We also made a trip to the mountains of NC.



In June my husband planted a field of Sunflowers at our farm in N GA and we took the opportunity to take some family photos that we used for our Christmas card this past Christmas. I enjoyed this field so much since I could sit on the rocking chair front porch with the sunflower field as my view as I worked away on my needlepoint. It just doesn't get any better than that.



This was our family photo that I used for our Christmas card.




2009 was a good year. We have our health and each other and will continue to make lovely memories in the coming year, 2010. You can see other participants of Mosaic Monday by clicking here. You can also enlarge my photos by clicking on to them as well.

10 comments:

  1. Hello from Denver!
    just discovered your delightful blog..
    and because of similiarities, decided to become a follower!
    I too am a native Floridian, from Pensacola..but currently reside far form home! Try as I might, I cannot convince my mind the white stuff covering roofs and yards is beach sand..nor can the majestic rockies become my beloved emerald waters of the Gulf..sand is in my shoes and between my toes..ensuring I will indeed permanently return to my native soil..
    warm hugs..laughing smiles..
    loui♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog and am becoming a follower.
    I love all of your mosaics. The wedding looking spectacular, memories forever. I only ever did one mosaic. I always feel I don't have right grouping of photos or something? Yours are lovely.
    Blessings in 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello from a very snowy England I came via another blog and its nice to see your lovely photographs, I had family in Florida many years ago I have have been quite a few times to stay... well you know where all us Brits go with children, but they love it!!
    My daughter is getting married in four weeks time, in a country house hotel, I fear however we will not have the lovely weather you had for yours, but I am sure we will have a great day whatever the weather.
    Kindest regards
    Blossom x

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for visiting my blog! I love the mosaic pictures from your daughters beautiful wedding and your farm. Wonderful sunflowers!!! (my state flower!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful mosiacs and what great memoreis of a wonderful year -- Nicole's wedding was perfection and I love the sunflowers! The picture of you and your family is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. everything's FAB!!! that wedding cake is amazing.......happy 2010.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your mosaics! Your link was broken on Mosaic Mondays site, so I looked you up on the web and I'm thankful I did, great eye candy! And Congrats on your daughter getting married:)

    Take Care~ Christine :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely look back.
    I really have to learn to do a mosaic - yours are so well-composed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Carolyn..
    thanks for the note..
    would love to compare similarities and backgrounds..
    drop me a note at louiewindom@gmail.com
    thanks,,
    love the header as well as you mosaics!
    warm hugs..
    Loui♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Carolyn!
    Your mosaics are beautiful!
    I want to wish you and your family the happiest of new years!!
    all the best,
    joan

    ReplyDelete