Thursday, January 7, 2010

Chrismtas Morning Breakfast for Two




Today I am joining Susan at Between Naps On the Porch for Tablescape Thursday. It has been a long time since I have joined in on this party. Actually, I haven't kept up with my blogging in several months but hopefully will get back into it.

I am sharing my intimate Christmas Morning Breakfast for two today.



We did a kitchen remodel last year and moved our breakfast room table into our family room which is temporary. This room will eventually become "THE" Breakfast Room as soon as we get back to our planned addition. At the moment it is positioned at one end of the room and it is right off from the kitchen.



As we get older we are finding that we need a little cushion for our backs. I have a love for needlepoint and find it very relaxing to make pillows.



The table is a 1920's mahogany table that has an interesting leaf. It actually folds into the table. The flame stitch fabric on the chairs is one that I find I can use in any room of my house. I have used these colors throughout my house to one degree or another. The salt and pepper are Fitz and Floyd.






The salad plates are from Nell Hills as are the black trays. I often use these black trays instead of a place mat. The silverware is my hotel silver from Horchow.



The napkin rings are a find of many years ago. They are brass Trees and I use them often during the holidays.



I always love adding a little glitz to my holiday decorations and the Breakfast Room table needed it's "glitz".







To see other table setting inspiration click here. Thank you Susan for allowing us the opportunity to share all the wonderful ideas from across blog land.

Enjoy the remainder of your day and stay warm.

11 comments:

  1. Carolyn --

    Love those plates -- how did I miss them with my love of blue and white? Duh! And they look good with the green and red plaid (note to self -- they'd look good with my Christmas china!)

    Your table is beautiful as well as the chairs!

    I also have that hotel silver and it is much used (less so now that I have my German silver) and I love it!

    Great table for two -- seems great minds think alike (tables for two!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the trays and the trays, the combination is wonderful! Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty table for breakfast. I love how you've used the trays. Very nice! Thanks for sharing and happy TT to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,
    A lovely place to have breakfast for two.
    I love your trays. Nell Hill's is a wonderful place to shop and Mary Carol Garrity is one amazing woman.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet you ate at The old Bulloch house in Warm Springs, best fried chicken in the county. Thank you for stopping in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a nice intimate table for Christmas. I really am so fond of the black trays. I think they make a big statement. The greens around your candle are very pretty, almost fluffy looking.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your table is beautiful as well as the chairs!

    Work from home India

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your table is so inviting! Thanks for sharing!

    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your table and chairs! The tablescape just kicks it up a knotch.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Carolyn,
    Love this tablescape for two...the trays are so pretty. The plaid napkins are pefect...darling napking rings! I would be in sooo much trouble if I went shopping at Nell Hill's! :-)
    The tea pot and china you asked about in by Lenox, Winter Greetings...and you can find it at any Macy's or on eBay...usually less expensive on eBay.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful Christmas table for tow. Those trays are especially wonderful. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete