Tuesday, August 9, 2016

A Excellent Peach Daiquari

A few weeks ago my husband was traveling through Mississippi and Alabama. Before he left I told him that if he came across any vegetable stands to please stop and ask if they had any Chilton County peaches. Now I have access to Georgia peaches, North Carolina peaches but my most favorite peaches are those from Chilton County in Alabama. I think it must be a difference in the soil in that area and probably a different variety that are grown there but they are the absolute BEST!!!!!
My husband didn't forget and brought home a lovely bowl full. Now, what is the first thing I want to do with these peaches? Why a daiquiri of course.

This wonderfully delightful summer cocktail. A refreshing drink in the middle of the summer. Envision this cocktail while enjoying a good read on a rocking chair front porch. So typically Southern.
When I was a little girl I can remember my daddy making these with most any kind of fresh fruit. Mine of course, was served alcohol free. This is my version of what I remembered him making.

Peach Daiquiri

1-6 oz. can of frozen limeade
6 oz. of your favorite light rum
3-4 fresh peaches, peeled and sliced
Superfine sugar to taste
ice

In a blender mix the limeade, rum, sliced peaches and blend together. Add enough ice to make it the consistency that you would like. Like a slushy. Add a dash or two of superfine sugar to your taste. Pour into a pretty glass and Enjoy. So simple but oh so good.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I haven't been able to find the frozen Minute Maid limeade in a six ounce container but they do have a twelve ounce. I use that, the unused portion placed in a freezer zip lock bag and placed back in the freezer for use at another time.
These Chilton County peaches in Alabama are more intense in flavor and also they are a deeper color. Amazingly delicious. If you should be traveling in the area don't pass them up, you won't be disappointed. You can also google Chilton County peaches and some growers will ship them, however, their season is almost over. I am hoping to be in the area soon and I do hope I can get some more. They make an amazing cobbler as well.


Have a great day and CHEERS!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Bonsoir,

    Hummmm !! Ce petit cocktail me semble délicieux !... Des pêches certainement très parfumées.

    Gros bisous 🌸

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness but that looks refreshing! I have never made a daiquiri but I would like to try. This sounds like a Friday night treat. What a lovely husband you have!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks delish and sure taste mmmm. can't wait to try it :) Delicioso !

    ReplyDelete