Thursday, March 1, 2012

Sunday Brunch

In my last post I shared my newest collection of blue and white porcelain and the fact that we were having a chilly and rainy morning,  that same Sunday we had some friends in for brunch, a celebration of sorts.

Using again my new love of blue and white. This compote is new and I think looks wonderful hosting lemons which adds to the color scheme.


I used some of one of my Depression Glass collections, the yellow Madrid pattern. This was a collection started by my mother which she handed down to me. This collection has a story.

My mothers collection began with a few of these fruit cups given to her by my Great Grandmother. In those days these beautiful glass ware pieces came in detergent packages. When my mother received these lovely little compote's she then decided to begin a much larger collection.

She added these bowls and the plates and I have service for eight. The plates are more of a luncheon plate but yet perfect for a Sunday morning brunch.

I love the cups and saucers but the glasses are so very versatile. Perfect for a Mimosa at brunch or even iced tea for a ladies luncheon.

My charger, I used one of my everyday plates, Vilroy & Boch, Auden Ferme. With a yellow rim it was perfect as a charger and also added to the color scheme.
I am very fond of birds and always like to add them in for just a bit of whimsy.


My compote is another of my new blue and white "finds".

Since it was such a rainy, overcast, and dank day why we needed to light the candles. Even in mid-morning for it was a celebration of sorts.
I don't often use my Depression Glass collection but it seemed perfect for this table setting.
You can left click onto any photo to enlarge it.

I am linking my post to Susan's Tablescape Thursday. There are so many shared ideas and you can see them by clicking HERE.

14 comments:

  1. I'm in love with your depression glass. What a wonderful collection. Your tale is beautiful! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and treasured collection of depression glass. It so perfectly compliments your lovely blue and white porcelain. Love the color and pattern. The compote is a perfect centerpiece. Lucky guest to be at your brunch. Love your blog, I'll be your newest follower.

    ~Emily
    The French Hutch

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful table...nice collection of depression glass.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh...that compote is TDF! What a gorgeous piece for the center of your pretty table!
    My sewing friend, Nicole, collects the yellow Madrid pattern of Depression ware. In fact, I was in an antique store yesterday & saw some...it is always so pretty in the sunlight.
    The proprieter & I were talking & he said to be very careful about putting hot foods on our depression glass. (I collect both the pink & the green) He said he shattered some of his with food that was too hot.

    Thanks for sharing all your pretties!
    fondly,
    Rett

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so love the depression glass, I am certain it looked beautiful in the candle light! What a beautiful table to share with friends!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful babies you have. Drop by my blog to read about Jake (the farm dog). I just joined your blog and hope you will join me too. My blog is about farm life, decorating, cooking, animals, and lots more. Don't tell Jake but I would like to have an Cavalier Spaniel some day. Hope to see you soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, love those yellow depression glass pieces..very precious. I adore your everyday set. I can't get enough of the pastoral/farm scene sets.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a perfect setting for a spring brunch. It would certainly lift my spirits!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely table and collection of depression glass!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is my first visit to your pretty blog! I love depression glass and it makes for a beautiful table. Love the sweet little birds, too. Thanks for sharing your wonderful treasures! And thank you for your visit and wonderful comment!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A very pretty table and I love your new blue and white!!!! And your depression glass -- its really very pretty and I remember when it was fairly inexpensive and easy to find!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your depression glass collection is lovely and looks so pretty mixed in on your table. For a long time I collected Miss America in clear and have quite a few place setting of it. It's an addicting hobby that's for sure.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  13. How pretty your table and chairs are. Your blue and yellow is so pretty and looks like spring. I love depression glass.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your table is soo elegant! Love the looks and I really enjoyed every photo of your dishes. Thanks for sharing such a beautiful table!

    Polyester Chair Covers

    ReplyDelete