Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas Dinner Table Setting

I haven't posted on my blog in such a long time. I have had some health issues the few weeks leading up to Christmas but am doing much better now. I am finally so glad that I can post my Christmas dinner table.

Trying to keep it simple I used my Spode Christmas Tree dinner plates and salad bowls, my Waterford red wine hock glasses and the water glasses I have had for years and are so simple that I use them with everything. Sometimes a table just needs some simplicity with everything going on. The place mats I found years ago at my favorite place to shop while in Atlanta, Boxwood. They are a very sheer green with the raised design around them. I also found the napkin holders at Boxwood as well, a ring of faux berries. My runner is a piece that I found at a local gift shop that I frequent with the dimensional poinsettia's and a velvet edging sitting atop my damask French red tablecloth. A lot of red sitting in this red room but I tried to break it up with the shades of green.

The walls of my dining room are a cherry red and I do love the color. At night the color just bounces off the prisms of my Swarovski crystal chandelier and it's just magical.



I usually like to incorporate some of my collection of silver birds in my centerpiece's for holidays.

And of course, I always use my Fitz and Floyd Salt and Pepper.
I always do my own fresh centerpiece, it is a therapeutic thing for me and during the holidays, a therapeutic thing is a MUST. Often I will cut greenery from my garden and use freshly bought flowers.

On my French doors hang two wreaths, dyed hydrangea blooms with burlap ribbons. Each individual petal of the hydrangea has been taken off and attached to the wreath base. It makes for a unique dimension for a wreath.

When the lights are dimmed and the candles lit even on the wall sconces it makes for a romantic setting. You know I do sometimes have people stop and ask me about the red in my dining room and how it looks from the street when it is lit?????
It is once again time to join Susan's blogging party at Between Naps on the Porch.

I hope each of you had a wonderful Christmas and please do have a safe and Happy New Year.

16 comments:

  1. Beautiful table setting and room. How nice to have the red walls at Christmas time. Gorgeous chandy, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carolyn -- your table is beautiful as always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The red wine hocks are fabulous! I especially love them with the spode christmas tree dishes. Your chandelier is magnificent. My mom had one but never hung it, frown. Here's hoping the new year brings much warmth, cheer and many, many blessings. xo marlis

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your table is lovely and wow! I just love your centerpiece! You are very talented! And the chandelier is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful and elegant table! Oh, and I am drooling over your chandelier!!! Your whole dining room is gorgeous.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful dining room and such a stunning table! The red looks so elegant at Christmas! Happy New Year to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So so pretty...love the colors...the dining room is so beautiful...you have set the mood perfectly...Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your tablesetting is lovely, and I love the red walls too it looks so cozy and inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hvor er dit julebord smukt pyntet.
    Dejlig stue.
    Tak for kigget.
    Ønsker dig og dine et godt nytår.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you're feeling much better now - it's no fun to have health issues at Christmas time!
    Your table is lovely - what a treat it must have been to sit at it on Christmas day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Everything looks beautiful. Happy Holidays. Glad to know that you are feeing better.

    Cheers.
    Velva

    P.S. Thanks for the tip about the speciality salts. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your red room looks so pretty at Christmas, love the chandelier. I hope you had a wonderful day. Richard from My Old Historic House.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You Southern girls sure know how to pull off the red dining room! Beautiful. Your placemats add such texture to the table. Really elegant. Thanks for sharing your design. ~CJ

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful table...love the placemats.
    Happy New Year, Carolyn!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So glad you are on the mend. Your dining room is lovely..all things Christmas.
    Wishing you a Happy New YEar.
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete