Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Christmas Luncheon

A small and intimate luncheon for four on a dreary rainy afternoon.
What better way to spend an afternoon but over lunch enjoying the company of friends. I tried to keep this very informal table simple. I already had the flowers in my vase that is sitting on my breakfast room table for about a week and they still looked great. I intend to change them out soon but will keep the mercury glass vase on this table.

I've used these black trays over and over again, what a great purchase and I got them from Nell Hills of Atchison, KA. That would be Mary Carol Garrity's interior design shop. I have all her books and just love her decorating concept.



Layered with a French Christmas quilted place mat, plain white dinner plate (Vilroy & Boch), Mary Carol's black and white Christmas wreaths and then a napkin from that same French company.

These little snowmen napkin rings I have had for years and they looked so well with the mercury glass container of flowers. My little votive candle holders I placed split peas in and then topped them with little Christmas tree candles. I'm thinking I need to add a few more of the votives and intersperse some burlap ribbon to give it a more finished look.

Since we were having such a dreary day, overcast and raining and since it is Christmas even during the day I decided to light my candles.
My first Christmas celebration and I am working diligently to get the rest of my home decorated.
I am linking this post to Tablescape Thursday hosted by Susan at Between Naps on the Porch. Click HERE to see a wealth of ideas.

16 comments:

  1. I love how you used the trays. Your table is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A rainy day and lunch with friends...two of my most favorite things...do I still have time to get there? Thanks for stopping by my post for a vist. Come back any time. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty table. I love those napkins and the pretty stemware.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh i love those trays and the placemats and the setting and the napkins and the beautiful flowers and the mercury glass.. it's all so very pretty. xo marlis

    ReplyDelete
  5. Add me to the list of those lovin' those trays!! Great find!
    Those black scalloped placemats are gorgeous too...in fact, everything on this table looks wonderful!

    We're having friends in on Sunday & I am up to my eyeballs with the preparations but I had to stop by to check things out with you.

    Pace yourself!!! ~~note to Rett: take your own advice.

    Hugs,
    R.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What I want to know is what was on the menu? Beautiful table.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your table is beautiful. Love what you did with the votive holders -- how clever! I've passed by those same candles for I thought they would look humdrum on the table -- now to remember WHERE I passed them by!

    Those trays make for a pretty table and those wreath plates are perfect. Your table looks like it stepped out of one of Mary Carol's books!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It may have been dreary outside but it certainly is cheery inside! Lovely table!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your luncheon table is so pretty. Love the trays and placemats. It looks like your ready for Christmas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your table is very inviting. I love the trays, they are a nice touch. I really like the black and white dishes, too. Black, red and green are so pretty together.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Merry Christmas!

    This is my first visit and it was lovely! The colours you've used in your tablescape are gorgeous, very cheery and welcoming. Enjoy!

    Linda at Beautiful Ideas

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't think of a better way to spend the afternoon. Beautiful tablescape.

    Velva

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm having a small Christmas lunch for my neighbors next week and you've inspired me! I love the placemats and the black dishes. I love how black makes things look rich and dramatic. Your whole table looks so pretty and inviting.

    Robin
    Robin Flies South

    ReplyDelete
  14. You did excellent using the trays and my ideas are just adding up from your post. I like the use of split peas in the clear votives. The pretty wreath plates are so versatile. Wonderful table! Happy Tablescaping! Pam

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful table setting, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Man, those salad plates are SLICK with that black & white wreath!!!!!! LOVE those! Really like the shape of the stemware, too!

    ReplyDelete