Friday, July 30, 2010

A Favorite Summer Cocktail revisited




Some time ago I posted this as one of my favorite summer cocktails and I thought it worthy of reposting for Foodie Friday. It is a refreshing cocktail and I got all the ingredients at the grocery yesterday in anticipation of enjoying this liabation this afternoon on the patio which is what made me think to repost this.

Here in the South the temperatures are rising to almost 100* and the humidity is awful. Our salvation has always been a big pitcher of iced tea but sometimes you just need something a little stronger. I wanted to share a cocktail that I have been making for many years and it uses some of the very best peaches from our friends to the north. I have always thought that there was nothing like those GA peaches but I especially love those Chilton County Alabama peaches too.




My favorite cocktail for the summer is called "Peach Fuzz" and I will share the recipe. I developed this recipe many years ago.



Peach Fuzz

1-6 oz. can of frozen limeade
6 oz. of your favorite vodka
3-4 fresh peaches, peeled and sliced
Superfine sugar to taste
ice

In a blender mix the limeade,vodka, sliced peaches and blend together. Add enough ice to make it the consistancy that you would like. Like a slushy. Add superfine sugar to your taste. Pour into a pretty glass and Enjoy. So simple but oh so good.


A good blender is a necessity.


A pretty glass and an edible bloom like Nasturtiums from the garden make for a pretty presentation and very appealing. I sometimes use a sprig of mint to garnish and as you drink the fragrance is amazing.





Your favorite magazine or book sitting in one of your favorite spots with your drink in hand, it's a Good Thing. One of my favorite spots is on the patio with the view of my garden and watching my feathered friends. Sometimes I get a little breeze but this icy concoction is refreshing enough. Try these tasty treats. You won't be disappointed.

Until the next time.

8 comments:

  1. Oooohhh this looks so good! I love anything with peach flavor and you have created the perfect little spot to enjoy!

    Happy Friday!
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our temperatures are far too warm as well and this looks like the perfect refreshment for 100 plus temps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! This is a perfect summer drink! I'm new here and really like your Southern blog! Your home is so pretty and I miss the "old brick." We had that in Louisville but, you will never see it here! I am looking forward to future posts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks mighty good, my friend. What a perfect drink for a hot summer day. It's hard to resist the flavor of peaches in solid or liquid form :-). I hope you are having a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Peaches aren't ready up here yet, but I know I can find imports in the supermarket. This looks like the perfect drink for this long weekend holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Carolyn, Thanks for joining the Rooster Party. I have you linked and look forward to seeing your post.

    I hope you have a wonderful time at the party. See you on Friday or before :-)

    Barb ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Was blog hopping and found you! I am now a follower! Great drink idea....yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yes please, I'll have one! It's steamy in Philly too!!!

    ReplyDelete