Monday, July 27, 2009

Wedding Details of Daughter's Wedding




I am joining Mary at Little Red House for Mosaic Monday. This is a fun event and I have just learned how to make and post a mosaic thanks to Mary. This is my first time joining in on Mosaic Monday and I thought I would share some of the garden details of my daughter's wedding which took place on March 28,2009.

She was married on a plantation in Thomasville, GA which is on the National Register, Pebble Hill Plantation. It was intended as an outdoor garden wedding but sometimes Mother Nature doesn't always co-operate. In which case it is necessary to go to Plan "B". We tried to create that garden look under a tent. In some of the photos you can see in the background the grand plantation home.

The bouquet in the bottom right hand corner without the blue hydrangeas was my daughters bouquet which I put together myself. It is wrapped in doubled faced satin ribbon and attached to the ribbon is a pearl and gold brooch which belonged to my dear mother. It is not shown in the photo but is a very sentimental piece.

You can view other wonderful mosaic's by visiting Mary's blog at Little Red House.

15 comments:

  1. Carolyn --

    what a beautiful mosiac -- I have to learn to do that.

    Daughter's weddings are so very special.

    Martha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the pictures in your beautiful mosaic! Love the bouquets on the chairs-they are so pretty.The flower petals in the isle is a nice touch too.Looks like a great place for a wedding.

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful mosaic and wedding place! I click on your photo to enlarge it to see all of the detail. You made that bouquet yourself?! Beautiful!

    ~Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely wedding it must have been! And the flowers are beautiful. ::Jill

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like a beautiful wedding! The flowers are just stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what a lovely setting for a wedding -- how dreamy and romantic! I love your mosaic, and the details you show. Best wishes to the happy couple!
    Cass

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous wedding mosaic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely a wedding to remember!
    It's so lovely, rainy weather or not....
    I love the detail you put into her bouquet. Lucky girl to have such a special wedding day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful first mosaic - love the colors and the theme. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful mosaic to remember such a special day. Lovely! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful Mosaic! great job on your first! :)the flowers are just lovley!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your mosaic just took my breath away...beautiful wedding. Beautiful. Thanks for stopping by A Day in the Life. I've enjoyed doing the mosaics for the first time today, too. I was about to say that we are neighbors but eventhough we are in SC, we are quite a few miles away from South Georgia.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh the details are beautiful! Love the bird bath with flowers and all of it. We had my daughters wedding last summer at an old plantation home like this. It was so much fun! MEMORIES!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh what a gorgeous setting! And such beautiful details, especially your daughter's bouquet that you made. thanks so much for sharing your lovely images at Mosaic Monday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, the setting was just beautiful! I'm sure it was a magical day!
    Love you mosaic; all such great photos.

    ReplyDelete