Thursday, July 16, 2009

Farm Mosaic

Today I have learned something new with some help, of course. Maybe I should say I learned several things. Just goes to show you are never too old to learn new things.

I sent this pitiful email to a blogger whom I admire to ask for some help. You see, I have been wanting to participate in Mosaic Monday hosted by Mary at Little Red House. I have tried and tried to figure this out myself and then I decided that when all else fails ask for help. That was the number one thing I learned. By the way, Mary was so very kind and gracious to email me back and gave a great tutorial on just what to do. Many thinks to you Miss Mary. Not only are you a very talented photographer but so kind and generous with helping people. I know it took time out of your day to do that and I am so appreciative.

Here's the second thing I learned from the experiece. My very first Mosaic, a mosaic of our farm which is a weekend getaway.




Welllllllll, now I am addicted and will spend the next few days taking photos to join Mary at Mosiac Monday. Thank You. I think the best way to say thank you is to pass on the same kindness that Mary has shown to me. Enjoy your day everyone.

4 comments:

  1. Good job...I didn't know how to do this either! Your farm looks wonderful. We would love a place like that someday. Do you have animals there? Do you hunt? Have a great Thursday! XXX Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Caroyln! Look who I found- You! This is Joan (chop!) I found you blog-hopping from Mary's blog (how to cook a wolf to lines from linderhoff to you!) and I recognized your lovely home immediately! So nice to see you again, it's been years! We are now living in NH and are restoring an antique farmhouse! So happy to see you got your new fabulous kitchen! You were just in the planning stage the last time we spoke! I know you are loving cooking all of Ina's recipes in there! Are you still collection hotel spoons?! Let's catch up (I have an email addy on my sidebar!)
    joan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Carolyn, that is wonderful!!! I'm so glad you were able to use the instructions and learn how to make a mosaic. Your farm looks like such a beautiful getaway! I saved the instructions, tweaked them a little, and will be posting them tomorrow as a tutorial on my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pictures are wonderful -- I've not attempted it yet -- perhaps some day.

    Love your farm and I know you do, too.

    ReplyDelete