Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Outdoor Wednesday

Today I am joining Susan at A Southern Daydreamer for her Outdoor Wednesday party.


Over the Fourth of July weekend my husband and I went up to our farm in South Georgia. While there I didn't take too many pictures this time. As I was leaving the farm to come home I could not resist taking these photos.

Let me set the stage. Our farm is at the end of a dead end dirt road. We have two neighbors and as I was driving by the second neighbors house who boards horses these horses were right by the fence. When they saw me stopped by the fence they came closer but when they did my two dogs started barking at them. For some reason the horses seemed to want to play. They came close to the fence, heard the dogs and then ran down the fence line and back again. They were amusing to watch and my dogs enjoyed it as well.











Then a little farther down the road was this guy. When my dogs began barking at him I decided I best be on my way.



Now mind you, I have never been one to keep my camera handy but I am learning and I did enjoy taking these photos. I hope you enjoyed them as much as I did.


Have a very pleasant day.

13 comments:

  1. Hi love your post.
    I am anxious to see pictures of your farm next time. We must keep our cameras handy ;) My family laughs at me but enjoy the pics afterward. Enjoy your day.
    Happy Outdoor Wednesday and thanks for visiting me
    Maryrose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you live in such a beautiful place. The horses were fascinating. I guess they just have a playful nature. The bull or cow, whichever, on the other hand didn't seem too friendly. Great pictures. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. your photos are beautiful, thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carolyn, I'm glad you had your camera handy, too. I love seeing horses and rode all the time growing up. They are one of God's finest creations, and those are some very pretty ones! Thanks for sharing...

    Happy Outdoor Wednesday!

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pictures of the horses -- and what fun for the dogs and the horses to play! I find that I don't often have my camera handy either -- that is NOT GOOD!

    M.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you stopped to take these pics. They are so much fun. I always think horses are so beautiful.

    Christi @ A Southern Life
    http://asouthernlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh it looks like a beautiful place! Peaceful to, I'm sure! Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aren't horses wonderful creatures? They are so free and beautiful as they gallop along. I always wonder what they are thinking as they are galloping? Dinner? I'm gonna win this one? What all the commotion about? They are just fun to watch. I would have ran too when I saw that Bull. That was enough for me. Your country home is beautiful. Love the gates and the pineapple toppings. Just beautiful. I have signed up to follow your post. It is so wonderful. I will be back again. Please stop by and read mine as well. I would love to have you follow mine. Happy Outdoor Wednesday. Country Hugs, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pictures - thanks for sharing.
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gotta keep that camera near by. Never know what you'll miss. The horses probably thought you were going to give them a treat but ran when the horses barked. I hope you enjoyed your weekend at the farm.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh horses are so magnificent. I could watch them all day ... although I'm too chicken to ride one!

    Great shots...thanks -- Cass

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks so peaceful and serene. I'm sure you enjoy it. Thanks for sharing your photographs with us.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Carolyn, you caught some beautiful pictures. So glad you had your camera and could share them with us.

    ReplyDelete