Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Outdoor Tablescape




I am joining today the party, Tablescape Thursday hosted by Susan at Between Naps on the Porch.This particular tablesetting was our Easter tablesetting that I posted sometime ago on my blog but thought it worthy to post again for TT.

We decided to do a very casual and late in the afternoon Easter Sunday dinner. Some of us sat on the screened porch and some of us sat on the adjoining patio. With three grown children and four grandchildren we do have separate tables when all of us are gathered.



The tablecloth I bought a long time ago from a local kitchen shop and it is a green on green pattern with matching napkins. I used plain white dinner plates with salad plates from Nell Hills in Atchison,KS. Each salad plate had a different design of birds and bees in black and white. I find that these salad plates have endless options for outdoor tablesettings. My flatware is hotel silver that I use for everyday and the napkin rings are gold butterflies and bugs, each different but I thought they looked appropriate for an outdoor setting.



A close up of the salad plates. Nell Hills in Atchison, KS is owned by Mary Carol Garrity who has written several books, she is an interior decorator. She had not done any online shopping but some of the things I had seen in some of her books that I liked I would call to check to see if they stock those items and if they did I would order that way. Now Nell Hills is going to do some online shopping that is coming soon. The great thing about Mary Carol is that the things she carries in her shop are very inexpensive things. I think I bought these salad plates for around $6.00 each.



They definitely have a great look for outdoor dining.

I couldn't help but add our families traditional cake that we always have for dessert on Easter Sunday. It is Camille Glenn's Cointreau Cake. My family loves this cake and I always decorate it with pansies from the garden. Here in N FL all my pansies are spent but I enjoy seeing this cake decorated with one of my favorite flowers, pansies.




BTW. the mosaic piece in the background of the screened porch is a piece by a local artist that my husband bought for me several years ago for our anniversary. We will celebrate our 40th in August.



I am looking forward to seeing all the other fabulous tablescapes for Tablescape Thursday. Have a lovely day.

16 comments:

  1. Happy Tablescape Thursday !
    Great job , love those cute little dishes -sweet birdies !
    Hugs ~ Kammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely your table is! I love your pretty green tablecloth and the way you've mixed the patterns of your dishes. The black and white salad plates are wonderful! Lovely stained glass!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty, and that cake looks delicious. You have just made me very hungry. Your salad plates with the birds are my favorite but again everything is so pretty together.
    ~Maryrose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carolyn -- a great tablescape -- it is perfect for your setting. But you are so great with tables.

    And the cake . . . what can I say -- it IS wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty - the tablecloth and the dishes are such a nice presentation -- but oh my! That window is really quite stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carolyn, your table is so lovely and what a pretty cake!!!! Just lovely.

    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  7. The setting for the table is so lovely with that large window! I love it. Oh and that cake sounds wonderful and I love the pansies as decoration!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The stained glass is so pretty! Pretty tablescape!...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful stained glass! Your tablescape is lovely! The cake looks delicious! The plates are beautiful! The table looks so inviting!

    Thank you for sharing!

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pretty table. I like the color of the tablecloth and those butterfly napkin rings are quite nice.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! That cake looks sooo good! I, too, am a fan of Nell Hill's and have all of Mary Carol's books...such great inspiration!
    Thank you so much for stopping by and for your nice comment!
    Happy TT!
    ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those bird plates are adorable! I hadn't heard of Nell Hill's before!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your tablescape and I love Nell Hill. I have all of her books. How have you been so lucky to go to one of her stores??? I got an email about her on line shopping. I guess since it's just starting it's a bit limited. By the way, you've got to use your cobalt blue glasses. They're a lot of fun and dishwasher safe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. All you home decorators have such a heart for your homes. Everything looks lovely, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You set such a lovely table. Maybe I can be inspired to join in this week. Thanks for sharing your home with us.

    ReplyDelete