Monday, August 13, 2012

Summer Mantle

My mantle changes with the seasons especially since this room is just off from my kitchen and can be viewed from my kitchen. I have recently had a renewed interest in collecting blue and white because of the influence of another blogging friend. Martha at Lines from Linderhof often shares her love of blue and white and I have admired her vast collection for a very long time.

I had decided to add more blue and white to my Reading Room/Breakfast Room and have been very pleased with the way it looks. This particular day it was storming outside and so very dark that I had to turn my flash on.



The larger white wooden candle holders on each end I ordered in early Spring from Pottery Barn and I can see me using these no matter what the season. The long piece with the wee candles I bought from a friend's gift shop and I think this purchase inspired me to add even more blue and white throughout my house. That little candle piece was one I saw and just couldn't live without, don't we all come across those types of things from time to time?  The other three pieces grouped together came from a fairly new gift shop that has popped up in our area and owners of the shop are always on the look out for me during their travels to add to my collection.









My daughter in law who has always had a fondness for blue and white was very pleased that I had been adding more pieces to my decor. I found it very difficult to find the right color of candles and I didn't want to use white but these candles on the taller pieces, I just love that color.




Soon I will be changing to a more Fallish scheme but for now I am truly enjoying the blue and white pieces I have added to my summer mantle.



I am sharing my Summer Mantle post at Marty's blogging party Tabletop Tuesday.



8 comments:

  1. Very nice! I'd love to be able to work some blue and white in my room too! Mantels are a great decorating asset! Yours looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the blue and white and Martha is the "go-to-girl" for that wonderful color combination. I don't change our mantle often because I don't know what to do with it.
    It is 15 feet long!!

    Hope you are enjoying some color weather.

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carolyn -- love your blue and white! Your mantle is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your mantel is gorgeous Carolyn!

    Count me in as a long time Blue and White fan, too.
    Can we ever have enough Blue and White?

    I think not!! ;) xoxo ~m

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blue and white is very charming. I drift in and out with blue and white....I use some until I get tired of it, I put it away and bring out something else.:)
    Now, you have inspired me to bring some back out.:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really enjoy your sense of style and decor. I smiled when you wrote "Pottery Barn" Would we go nuts or what, if we had one in Tallahassee? I know would. I love it! Crate and Barrel and William and Sonoma too.

    You may be continuing to use your flash...the rain is continuing.

    Velva

    ReplyDelete
  7. The blue and white reminds me of Delft, near where I live on Holland. People here are crazy about it and even I have been collecting it some. It fits in well with your home. xo Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Carolyn,

    Your blue and white pieces are breathtaking; I especially love the piece with the small votive holders. It's gorgeous. I, too, love blue and white. We've just renovated our kitchen (I'll be doing the reveal in a few weeks) and I used quite a bit of blue and white. I'm so happy with it!!

    I love your decorating style, Carolyn. This room has so many elements that I would choose for myself. It's all very classic. I'm not really a trendy person.

    Please stop by and visit my blog today, if you get a minute. I received the Liebster Blog award from my sweet blogger friend in the U.K., and I passed it along to you and ten other bloggers. It's for people (like me) who have less than 200 followers. If you can pass it on to some other bloggers, that would be great.

    Have a wonderful day, Carolyn!

    Hugs,

    Denise at Forest Manor

    ReplyDelete