Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Salad of Mixed Baby Greens with Berries, Walnuts, Goat Cheese with a Framboise Vinaigrette

What better way to begin Spring than with a salad with fresh berries and a delicious vinaigrette? However, this is a salad that can be served any time of the year if you can get fresh berries. It pares well with just about anything when all you need is a salad for a side. We are blessed to be getting fresh strawberries from South Florida and have since early December. This was a salad that was particularly interesting to my husband since he loves all kinds of fresh berries. It was a welcome change from the usual Mixed Green Salad.


Salad of Mixed Baby Greens with Berries, Walnuts, Goat Cheese with a Framboise Vinaigrette

Serves 4

Dressing

2 1/2 tablespoons Raspberry Vinegar
6 tablespoons olive oil 
1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons shallots, finely minced from one shallot
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
honey to taste

Salad

1 6–7-ounce carton Mixed Baby Greens
2 cups stemmed and sliced strawberries, about 1 pint
1 cup blueberries, about 1/2 pint
1/2 cup walnuts, toasted
4 ounces goat cheese

Combine raspberry vinegar, Dijon mustard, shallots, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Gradually whisk in the olive oil until emulsified and add honey to taste.

In a large bowl, combine baby greens, strawberries, blueberries and pecans. Just before serving add dressing just until all the greens are coated. Sprinkle crumbled goat cheese over top and serve.


I use a Framboise vinegar that I order online, Amazon. This vinegar is delicious, and I can't find it here in our area, but you can also use a Raspberry Vinegar. This vinegar is simply made from the raspberry liquor, Framboise and I find it to be more flavorful. It's also made in France.


If you are looking for a change of salad this is a delicious one to try. You won't be sorry. I also tried this salad out on my grand girls, and they absolutely LOVED it. They have always enjoyed fresh fruit, and this was another way to get them to eat some greens as well.
The vinaigrette keeps in the refrigerator for several days too.

As a footnote, I haven't posted on my blog in quite a long time for various reasons, but I plan to resume my blogging. My hope is that those who have followed me in the past will once again join me and others will as well. I have a lot of new recipes that I have been trying that I would like to share and a few new decorating ideas as well. So please join me once again and don't hesitate to leave a comment.

1 comment:

  1. This looks delicious! Thank you for the recipe.

    Shar

    ReplyDelete