Thursday, September 24, 2020

Wordless Wednesday

 


I posted this on Thursday, silly me. I must have lost a day last week. This bloom is one of the few from an Althea tree that I had planted last year. I have planted this Althea or some call, Rose of Sharon many times in this same spot and have had the hardest time. It hasn't made it and this one looks like it is going to do the same thing. I planted it just outside my bay window so I could enjoy the blooms from my family room. I think the issue is for this year we have had too much rain this summer and it doesn't drain off very well. The past couple of years we have had a drought situation and I think my sprinkler system doesn't quite reach where I have planted this tree. I can't seem to win. The main reason I wanted this particular tree is because my mother had one in her garden and this bloom reminds me of my dear departed mother. My next move will be to plant this tree in another spot but isn't it such a gorgeous bloom. I can only picture it in my head tall and loaded with these beautiful blooms.


Carolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment