Thursday, October 15, 2015

Fall Mantle

I don't do a lot of decorating for Halloween anymore but will share more of my Halloween pieces that I am sentimental about next week. Most of my changes are more for Fall and today I am sharing my "Fall Mantle".

Over the summer I found these gorgeous pheasants that I could not resist purchasing. They are made of tin with a whitewash and then some rust added giving them an antique quality.
The wreath I have had for years that was spray painted orange, they are actually the foliage of corn husk and it's appearance definitely speaks FALL.
They definitely have an antique look about them and the first time I spied them I knew I HAD to have them.
I thought they were a handsome pair.
I originally had used some tinted clear glass pumpkins on my mantle but they just didn't seem to work so well with my pheasants so I decided to use these pumpkins instead. I think they worked so much better. A more neutral and natural mantle with the wide burlap ribbon woven through.




And another great "find" but a turkey sitting on my hearth.
 
 
 
Also made of tin with the rust on it and made by the same company.
 
 
I was pleased with the way the "Fall mantle" looked in our living room and it will remain there until the day after Thanksgiving. Enjoy your day everyone and thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love to read your comments.
 
 
I am sharing this post at "HOME AND GARDEN THURSDAY" and "FOODIE FRIDAY".


2 comments:

  1. That's how I like decorating, beautiful and understated. Love that turkey. what a find. When you think about it, it makes sense to spend the time and money on Fall decorations. We get two good months to enjoy them vs just a little over a month for Christmas, especially when Thanksgiving is late. I envy you, our big tv is over the mantle and there is no way I can get even a leaf around it, though I've tried!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your fall mantle is looking lovely. I remember a post last year ( maybe?) about finding the pheasants to purchase. The weather these last couple of days has been wonderful. I just want to be outdoors. The garden has been planted and I crave this weather when I am gardening.
    Happy Fall.
    Velva

    ReplyDelete