Thursday, June 11, 2015

A Spring Tablesetting

Earlier in the Spring, we are now in the heat of our North Florida summer, I did a table setting that I have never shared. I often like to mix patterns in terms of table cloths, china patterns, etc. but now enjoy a more simplistic table. There is a certain elegance and sophistication about "simple".
 I most always do my own flower arrangements. It's is a source of relaxation for me that I enjoy so much.
Over the years I have collected many containers for my flower arranging and the table wouldn't be complete without fresh flowers or some of my silver birds.
 
 Using the colors of the tablecloth I used a mixture of roses, carnations, lilies, snapdragons, and mums. Most all my greenery is cut from my garden. Most often my flowers would be cut from my garden but this particular time of year it was a little early for garden blooms.
 
Another collection I have used on this table are my antique silver napkin rings. I have collected these for several years, always sterling and most often European with a couple being from the USA.
 
 I most often choose ones with intricate designs with a lot of detail and those are usually from France but often from England.
 This one from Czarist Russia and my husbands favorite. I always place it where he would be sitting. The red enamel banded with seed pearls was a most unusual "find" and I could not pass it up. It's also gold over sterling silver as well.


 I often will choose to buy more masculine napkin rings to place where male dinner guests would be sitting. This one is English and English napkin rings usually don't have the more ornate designs that I gravitate to. These are just a few that I took photos of but I always have enjoyed adding to this collection. It's the "hunt" to find that perfect one that intrigues me at the many antique shows I attend.
 


 This salt cellar is one of two that I placed at each end of the table. Antiques also, sterling with original cobalt blue inserts, French and came from a New Orleans plantation.
The placemats are a hot pink woven mat, wine glasses are Varga with each a different color and have butterflies and bees etched on them. Perfect for a Spring table.
I am sharing this post for Tablescape Thursday at Between Naps on the Porch. To see other beautiful table settings just click HERE.

 

3 comments:

  1. Oh my, what a lovely tablescape! your tablecloth is so pretty as a background. The flower arrangement is so professional because of your talent. Enjoyed your post and hope you will enjoy mine this week!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Carolyn. Love that flower arrangement. I started collecting napkin rings but they got so prohibitively expensive I gave up! There used to be a salt cellar at my grandmother's house in Cuba very similar to yours. I am sure it is no coincidence seeing yours came from a New Orleans plantation. Your red wine glasses are sublime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely table setting. Thanks for sharing some specific information about your napkin rings. I, too, collect sterling napkin rings, though mine are all French. The one from Russia is most interesting. I've never seen one with enamel work and pearls. It is gorgeous!
    Your dining room looks so inviting with the French doors out to your sunporch. Our dining room also has French doors out to the sunporch, but ours is much smaller than yours looks to be.
    Thanks for the visit and thoughtful comment about the daylilies. How wonderful that you have some from your great grandmother's garden. I wish I had thought to get a start from my own childhood home before my mother moved.

    ReplyDelete