Thursday, November 7, 2013

This Little One is growing

I never want to push the growing and ever changes of a new baby but want to savor each and every moment. This little one was so tiny when she was born. She was taken three weeks early and as that is not so unusual, babies come in the world who do very well so much earlier that their expected due date. This one is our seventh grand child and as a grandmother is getting older, I worried more about this one. She is healthy, beautiful, has two loving parents, a big sister who adores her and  extended family of aunts, uncles and her other loving grand parents, Nana and Grand Papa.

She is now two months old, cooing and smiling when coheresed and just a fun age. Mommy is still sleep deprived but that goes with the territory. My most recent grand daughter and probably my last grand. It's been a wild ride at times but one I would never miss. I cherish each and every moment with each of my grand children. I just feel so very blessed to have this time with my grand children. My own mother died at an early age and she did not have the advantage of really getting to know and enjoying each grand child that she had. I hope I have learned from that in that time is marching on and I cherish each and every moment that I have with them. Who knows what tomorrow brings. Live today as if there is no tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. She is soooooo precious! There just isn't anything that compares to being ambushed by the unconditional love that you feel for your grandchildren. Being aware of it as you treasure the moments as your little ones become the people that they were meant to be his a most special blessing. I know you area enjoying this lovely time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is truly a gift and blessing for all your family. My latest grandchild, six lbs., was delivered three weeks early due to my daughter's complications in pregnancy. All are well now and I get to see them in Midlothian next week. I can hardly wait! xo Jenny

    ReplyDelete