Sunday, July 28, 2013

A Minor Kitchen Change

Sometimes even the most minor of changes can make such a difference and that was the case with my new addition to my kitchen . A local gift shop was having a sale on most of their Mackenzie Child "stuff" . I had been in there just a few days earlier looking for a gift for a friend but couldn't help but browse through some of these beautiful things that were on sale .

Yesterday after pondering over it for a while I decided I had to go back and wanted a new tea kettle and a new container to hold all of my cooking utensils . This is the before .

I have had the green Le Crueset tea kettle forever as well as the utensil container . I didn't really NEED to replace them but was ready for a change . I have also for many years admired the Mackenzie Childs "stuff" .
 
Here's what I bought . My new floral tea kettle and holding all my cooking utensils a hand painted flower pot which is perfect since I keep so many cooking tools for quick reach . I didn't want them matching but coordinating .
 


The colors work perfectly in my kitchen and I swear it makes better tea . I just love the crystal knob on top of the lid especially since I use crystal knobs on most of the cabinet doors in my kitchen . I am particularly fond of floral's as well .
 

The flower pot , not necessarily to be used as a utensil holder but it works for me . I can have loads of utensils in this container .

Change is a good thing even if they are very minor . I smile each time I walk through my kitchen and I think adds a little whimsy to my kitchen .


After sharing my minor kitchen changes I felt this over whelming need to also share some new photos of my grand daughter . This past week I kept one of my grand daughters while my daughter had to go to the Dr . She is expecting in September and this will be our seventh grand child . I took advantage of the opportunity to get some photos of my little grand daughter .

 
She was wearing her new dress that I had just bought her .
 
 
 

I keep lots and lots of toys at my house for the grand's but her favorite is this doll and the doll must have a stroller , which she does . She strolls this baby doll all over the house and as you can imagine we are talking up the soon to be arrival of a new brother or sister , they want to be surprised .
I hope each of you have enjoyed your weekend and the new week to come . I am sharing this post for Met Monday hosted by Susan at Between Naps on the Porch




4 comments:

  1. Well, I love your pretty new tea pot and utensil holder. Looks like you have a very pretty kitchen. But...your little grand daughter steals the show. What a little precious girl and I love her pretty dress you got for her. We have only one little grand daughter who is 3 and we will have another grand baby in October.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The new teapot and utensil holder look great, but the real jewel is your darling granddaughter! She is priceless...appears to be quite a composed little girl. The new dress is precious...one of my hobbies is buying cute clothes for my granddaughter. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the change Carolyn. And you are so right, even little changes, make big differences!

    Your granddaughter is darling too. :) Love the dress!

    Hugs,
    Mare

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who says everything has to match or has a certain purpose? Love the tea kettle and the utensil holder! I love to have utensils within my reach and not have to scramble for that "certain" one through a drawer!

    What an adorable granddaughter! Is she excited about being a "big" sister?

    oxox
    Paula

    ReplyDelete