Thursday, April 18, 2013

YaYa Dinner Party

A few weeks ago my dinner group met and I realized that I had failed to share the table setting and it was such a lovely table. My dinner group is only women, we get together once a month and we call ourselves the YaYa's. We are all so very Southern, of course, and have all been friends for many years. We look forward each month to this dinner gathering with excellent culinary delights and fellowship.

 
 
My friend has a beautiful home and when we met she had some azalea's blooming in her garden which she used as her centerpieces, low enough to talk over.
 
 
She had set such a beautiful table.
 
 
 
 
 
Her china pattern is one that I have admired for a very long time and have often thought that I would like to add this pattern to my own collection of china. The pattern is Laurel by Castleton, an American china pattern and the company began producing china in 1901. The pattern originally belonged to my friends mother and she has added pieces over the years. It is such a beautiful pattern. The sterling flatware is the King Richard pattern. My friend chose this pattern when she married because her husband's name was Richard. I just love hearing story's that have special meaning to someone as to why and how one comes to chose these things. Unfortunately I do not know the patterns of the goblets.
 

I didn't get a close up while at our dinner party but found a pic online. I love the laurel leaves in gold on the inner band and the outer band of gold is beaded.
 


Our delightful menu was a Seafood Lasagna, Roasted Asparagus with a refreshing congealed Cranberry Salad on a bed of fresh baby greens. It was absolutely delicious. I should find out about the individual molds because that was such a nice touch.


A wonderful evening was had by all in this beautiful home, a charming hostess, an amazing and delicious dinner and lots of laughs and fun.


I am sharing my post at Susan's blog party, Tablescape Thursday.


 
 


6 comments:

  1. The richness of this table is so inviting and is made so warm and cozy by the colors in the room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely table Carolyn -- I love things with history!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just gorgeous Carolyn and would love the recipe for seafood lasagna. :)

    I'm sure there was lots of laughter at the table with such good friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty table. I can imagine that a marvelous time was had around it. Tiny individual molds would be a great addition to my kitchen equipment. I sometimes use ramekins, which work, but I like the rounded look of that mold.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely a beautiful table setting. It is always a wonderful experience to get together with good friends. We belong to a cooking club/supper club and we love it. We have been a part of it for years, and it is always a good time.

    Velva

    P.S. the cranberry mold is beautiful too. I think that would be beautiful during the holidays. Would your friend be willing to share the recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad to see you back. Beautiful table, yummy menu!

    ReplyDelete