Sunday, October 28, 2012

Fall and Halloween Decorations

Over the past few weeks I have been busily trying to get out all my Fall decorations and a few Halloween decorations. I now limit my Halloween decorations but I have a collection of some really special pieces that I have collected over the years that I feel need to be enjoyed. My Fall decorations remain out until after Thanksgiving.

This is at my front entrance, this scary pumpkin I use to put my trick o treat candy in on Halloween evening. It is part of a collection I have that are made of paper mache'.



 
 
This scary guy is another of the paper mache' collection and sits at the end of my island in the kitchen. He sets the mood in the room that I spend most of my day.
 
 
 
 
 
 
This witch is very special to me since she was handmade by a very dear lady and friend. She is also in my kitchen sitting right next to my favorite tea set, a handmade set by an American potter, Frances Palmer. My witch that I named Glynda watches over all of my kitchen activities.
 





In the Reading Room/Breakfast Room I have a newly acquired piece, I went to my Garden Circle meeting last week and our guest speaker made this for demonstration purposes. As she talked about how she put it together I signaled to her that I wanted to buy that piece. I didn't want anyone else to walk away with it since I had a perfect spot for it.

 
 
The wreath hung on the mirror I have had for a long time and it has held up well. It is made from corn husks and dyed. Below is the new piece that I bought and worked so well in the center of my mantle.
 
 
 
I just loved the little birds coming out of the gourd and the loosely woven natural ribbon worked so well with this whole piece. I also finessed my French Guinea Hens on the mantle too, they tied in the color of the candle holders that I recently ordered from Pottery Barn.
 
My Breakfast Room table, a Fitz and Floyd soup tureen.
 
 
 
 




A few others all through the house.

 
Another pumpkin sitting on my antique French Pastry Table at the end of my kitchen.
 
 
 
 
 
 
At my back entrance where guests are best and I always try to have a welcoming entrance.
 
 
These on this table are part of a Lizzie High collection.
 
 
 
 
A few more in our Family Room.
 




 
 
 
 
This is another piece from my Lizzie High collection.
 
 

 
 
And most often this time of year there is a soup or stew bubbling away on my stove. I like to think they taste better when made in my Pumpkin Staub pot.
 

 
I hope you have enjoyed some of my Fall and Halloween decorations. I am sharing this post at Marty's blogging party, Tabletop Tuesday at A Stroll thru Life. For more decorating inspiration you can click HERE.

5 comments:

  1. I love the witch that your friend made - the face is priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all looks very festive for Hallowe'en, and I especially like your newest piece with the birds and gourds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, so, so very cool. I am a lazy bum-except for Christmas, you can't tell that there has been a season change at my house.

    Loved this post. I really like paper mach collection.

    Velva

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, everything is beautiful. I kept thinking each pic was my favorite. Adore that island in the kitchen, such a fabulous piece. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, your decorations are sooooo beautiful! I can see why you leave them out until Thanksgiving!!! Love your pumpkin staub pot....it is fabulous :o) Have a great weekend!!!!
    ~Des

    ReplyDelete