Monday, June 25, 2012

A Story to Share and Taking Time for Tea

It has been quite a while since I have posted on my blog. I have been ill, in the hospital but on my way to recovering. Then our family experienced a trauma, our oldest son experienced a gun accident. He is 41 years old, has been around guns his whole life attending many safety courses but accidents do happen. He was shot in the lower leg, truly an unusual accident with the gun misfiring. He has now had three surgeries, has been in the hospital for a week and we are hoping he will be able to go home within the week. However the surgeon initially told us that he would be in the hospital for two weeks. In the meantime I experienced a few setbacks with my own recovery with all the stress but I can thankfully say that both of us are on our way to recovering.We feel so blessed that our son's injuries were not worse because they truly could have been.

 Unfortunately with all this going on, I had had plans to attend my 45th class reunion next week but have had to cancel those plans. It just wasn't meant to be at this time and I surely couldn't go with my son still in the hospital. I would have never been able to enjoy it if I was worrying about him.

I have been spending most of the day with my son at the hospital but when I come home from the hospital in the late afternoon the first thing I do is enjoy a nice cup of tea.



This is a tea that I was gifted with from a dear friend at Christmas. Not long ago I saw this tea company written up in one of Martha Stewarts magazine issues too. This is a small company in New York that blends teas from all over the world and most of which are organic. This tea is absolutely delicious and has become my favorite.



I most often brew my tea in this German Janear tea pot with the warmer underneath. It allows me two cups of my freshly brewed tea.


There is nothing more relaxing than taking a cup of tea in the afternoon and I truly need to take every moment to relax as much as I can. Having that afternoon cup of tea transports me to another place. I also use demera sugar, those lovely brown crystals, and must have a squeeze of lemon with a thin slice of lemon in my cup.


Please join me for an afternoon cup of tea. I am hoping that I will once again have more time to visit my favorite blogs and also have more freed time to post more regularly on my own blog. It is an outlet that I have missed. With my own illness I have been on a special diet so I haven't been cooking very much, things that I would wish to post on my blog anyway but hopefully soon when I ease back into a more normal diet. In the meantime I intend to post more of my collections, tours of my home and share some of my excursions.



I am very happy to be posting on my blog once again and have missed all of your lovely comments. I will be joining Marty's Tabletop Tuesday at  A Stroll Thru Life and also Sandi at Rose Chintz Cottage for Tea Time Tuesday.

Carolyn

14 comments:

  1. After reading of your family distress, I am glad to see you are posting about tea, and looking forward to more tea times in blogland. It is good and praise God for this, your son is healing, as are you.

    I have not heard of the tea you mention but will have to check up on it, it sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carolyn -- there is nothing like a calming cup of tea when the world around us is imploding! I adore your tea cup by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carolyn: So sorry to hear about your ills! If there's anything worse than having our own health concerns, it's having concerns about our children. It sounds as if both of you are well on the mend and I hope it continues swiftly. I look forward to having you back.

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  4. While we've been wondering 'where is she' you've been on a very difficult journey. I'm glad to hear that you are on your way to recovery and that your son will not be left with injuries as serious as they might have been - and I'm glad to read that you have a wonderful tea to soothe and restore you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carolyn -- sorry to hear of your illness and your son's accident -- thankful to hear you're both on the road to recovery.

    Your tea tray is lovely and that transferware cup my favorite. Enjoy your quiet tea time - sounds like you're deserving of it :)

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Carolyn,
    What a time you've had! Bless your hearts! I'm glad you're feeling better and I do hope your dear son makes a full recovery very soon and back to enjoying his life too.
    Tea always makes things seem a bit better. I find it truly relaxing myself, and I look forward to having it everyday around 2:00. Your White Duke sounds wonderful and that is such a pretty teacup! Thank you for sharing with us at Tea Time and I hope you have a lovely week.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh My, so sorry to hear you have been ill and so sorry about accident with your sun, but praise the Lord you are both on the mend now. Such an answer to prayer I am sure. I love your tea, the teapot is so pretty and the tea sounds lovely and relaxing. Rest up and get back when you can. I will keep you both in prayer. Thanks tons for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry to read about your illness and your son's accident! I love tea in the afternoon too but don't drink it as much during the warmer months. It's a wonderful way to relax!

    Hope all continues to go well for both of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Carolyn, I had no idea you were ill and dealing with other traumas as well. I wish both you and your son a speedy recovery and hope you both will be in fine fettle soon. The tea sounds wonderful and I would love to join you for a cup. Have a great and stress free weekend. Hugs and blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  10. Carolyn, I am so sorry that you have been having health problems. Oh My, I feel terrible that your son and your family have had to experience his accident. I will pray that each of you will have a speedy recovery.
    Blessings, Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  11. Carolyn,

    So sorry to hear about your son and your operation. I pray for a speedy recovery for both of you. We miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Carolyn, I am so sorry. I was wondering where you had been, I missed reading your posts.

    My prayers and positive thoughts are with you and your son. A speedy recovery to both of you.

    Velva

    ReplyDelete
  13. dear Carolyn,
    I am so very sorry to learn that you have not been well, and about your son's accident. Thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery for you both. Your tea looks lovely and I would love to join you!
    sending you a BIG hug,
    xojoan

    p.s. Yes, I think the Pearl would look fabulous on your dining room ceiling! I use it on all my rooms and it really is a lovely detail. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi: I just came over from LIndaraxa: Julieta and I are old friends..we go way back! I'm glad you, and your son, are better. Illness and injury can really change our lives.
    I am an avid tea drinker too! I get mine (in leaf, never bags!) from Simson & Vail in Brookfield , Ct. They couldn't be nicer. A small, family run business.
    Take care of yourself, and I'll be back!
    Libby

    ReplyDelete