Saturday, May 21, 2011

Champagne Sangria

A few weeks ago some dear friends of my daughter gave her a baby shower. I was asked to make my very good Champagne Sangria that many of them have had and this was only for the non-pregnant, of course. There was another young woman present who was expecting and has already had her beautiful baby boy. My daughter is still waiting but anxious to get this over with but alas, she is not due until June 24. That last month is killer as most of us know and in our summer heat as well.

This recipe never fails to stir up a party and I thought some of you might enjoy it as well.


I always serve it from my clear glass Apothocary Jar and all the fruit looks so beautiful.


I most often use an Italian Prosecco with this recipe but I have recently discovered this Moscato Spumanti and is also an Italian version of Champagne. It is slightly sweeter but not too sweet and I found that it is excellent for this Champagne Sangria. If you cannot find it and use a champagne or Prosecco you might add a little sugar water to this recipe. The recipe seems to need it.

Champagne Sangria


The authentic Spanish version usually calls for Cave, a Spanish sparkling wine. However, French Champagne is sometimes used as well, so you may use either one, or any other sparkling wine you like.

3 ounces Triple Sec
3 ounces Brandy
2 ounces Rum
2 ounces Vodka
1 cup Strawberries, blended
chopped up fruit as desired (apple, mango, tangerine, pear, peach)
1 bottle sparkling wine

Mix together all ingredients except the sparkling wine and let it sit overnight if possible, or at least for a while to soak up the flavors. Add the sparkling wine just before serving, so that it doesn't go flat. Garnish with fresh fruit as desired.


Note: I doubled this recipe and served it in my Glass Apothocary Jar dispenser and it was beautiful. This is soooooooo good and I used Prosecco because I prefer it. The fruits I used and sliced were Lemons, Limes, Oranges and Peaches. It was a very elegant presentation.

----------------------------------------------------------

I am stirring up a party once again this coming Wednesday, a surprise 60th birthday party for a dear friend. While the weather is co-operating I plan to do an outdoor garden dinner party and this Champagne Sangria is just what such a party needs.


Enjoy your weekend and thank you for visiting my blog. I love to see your comments if you are so inclined.

3 comments:

  1. That sounds delicious! We have Dinner in the Garden every summer and I think this would be a lovely change from the regular cocktails before dinner. I`m copying and saving! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks yummy!!! I could use a glass right now!!! I'll have to try this for the next party I give. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sangria is such a beautiful drink to look at as well as drink it. Your recipe is interesting with the prosecco and would most likely be lighter which is perfect for this miserable Mississippi weather. You need to post more often. You do a great job!

    ReplyDelete