Friday, October 29, 2010

Ghosts, Goblins and Gouls

Early in September I put out all my Fall decor and now have added some of my fun Halloween decor that I want to share. This being Halloween weekend I thought what better time to do this. Over the years I have collected some fun pieces.











I have collected Dept. 56 Halloween Village for a while now but because of space both storing and a place to have it out, I carefully limited myself. It is so easy to get carried away with some of these cute scary houses. A couple of weeks ago my four year old grand daughter and I had such fun setting it up for Halloween.

















This is the Ghostly Theatre and makes some pretty scary noise.


All of my four grand children have enjoyed this Halloween Village.


Around the house I have several Halloween pieces that are just "fun".



To greet all my trick or treater's on Halloween night at my front entrance. On Halloween night this scary Pumpkin will hold all my treats.




A gift handmade by a very talented dear friend several years ago.



Our bar certainly needed some Halloween decor.




This Pumpkin Head Girl sits atop my husband's at home office to keep him company.




These scary pair of cats greet my back door guests.






The front door decor. The black stems in the planters light up with orange lights.




HAPPY HALLOWEEN
to all of you in blogger land.

I am linking this post to The Tablescaper's Seasonal Sunday party. There are some adorable Halloween posts to see so click here to see other participants.


10 comments:

  1. Oh Carolyn... I LOVE your decorations! Your front door is so welcoming! Gonna steal your idea for next year!!!!

    I have my pumpkin out that you sent me! I love him!

    Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have some great Halloween decor -- so many fun and interesting pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what you have done inside and out! The little Halloween village is precious, I can see why your grandchildren love it!

    Happy Weekend!!

    XO,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely home. I just smiled so wide when I read that you let your 4 yr old granddaughter help you set up that Halloween Village. Aren't you just the Grandma! I bet she had a wonderful time, what a sweet memory.
    That funny gourd, gnome like creature in your first photo is wonderful. I've never seen anything quite like him and he is so jolly and a bit spooky all rolled into one!
    Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carolyn, I really enjoyed seeing all your decorations. Particularly I like the Pumpkin Girl and the Black Cat Diner. Isn't this such a fun time of year?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all your decorations. Dept. 56 things are always so cute! Your front porch looks wonderful, too. So fall-ish and welcoming.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your house and your decorations!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute and festive. Thanks for sharing your beautiful decor.
    Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful home you have! I love all your decorations, both for Halloween & otherwise.

    I always loved driving through northern FL on our way back & forth to Ohio, especially the horse country of Ocala. You get more seasonal changes than we did in Venice.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your decorations are way too cute! I plan to collect more for next year as my kiddos really enjoy it. Could you please email me at QuitEatingOut@yahoo.com, so I have your email? I wanted to respond to your super sweet words yesterday in my comments, but your profile isn't connected with an email. Thanks so much!!! Have a super day... Kim

    ReplyDelete