Monday, October 11, 2010

Fall Tabletops





Today I am sharing some of my Fall decorations and will join Marty for Tabletop Tuesday. To see other participants of Tabletop Tuesday you may click here.

We call this "The Morning Room" since we use it most often in the morning but we also use it in the evening as well since we have a bar closest to our patio door. It comes in handy when we are entertaining on the patio. I have several photos of this room to share. This of course, is the mantle. I fell in love with this wreath, the pumpkins on the mantle are some I have collected over the years as well as the Vietri pheasant and the silver pheasants. The candle holders are from Mary Carol Garrity and bought recently.


In this view you can see our bar on the far wall.


A closer view of the mantle.


My husband's comfortable leather recliner and next to it is an antique piece, an English Pub table. Sitting on the Pub table is one of my more glitzy pumpkins.


I recently brought in one of my orchids to sit on this table. It's just beginning to open.




A closer look at the English Pub table.




On the opposite side of this room is our breakfast room table which is another reason we call this the "Morning Room". Behind this table is the kitchen which gives us great access.


On this table I have a Pumpkin Soup Tureen by Fitz and Floyd and I also have covered soups that match it. I love these candle holders that are amber and use them until after Thanksgiving. My little S&P, why I bought those at a Cracker Barrel Restaurant many years ago.


We do enjoy this room in the evening as well when there is just the two of us for dinner or just a few family members.



I recently bought this French table cloth.



Across from the mantle. The kitchen you can see behind the couch.


Even the kitchen has a little Fall decor. My island with another of my orchids brought in when blooming and the cook top which has my beautiful Staub pumpkin.



I love this little cookie jar and one of many in a collection of cookie jars.





This is a favorite Fall piece that I use. I first saw the antique Black Forest carved vase in Charles Faudree's book French Country Signature. I fell in love with the piece and Charles Faudree does own the antique vase. I happened to find a reproduction and knew I had to have it.


Isn't it stunning.



Here is the Fall decor by our front door entrance.



The bird is a Vietri Guinea Hen and these clear glass pumpkins were a local purchase many years ago.



Wellllllllll, it seems I have gotten carried away with some of my Fall decor and there is more to come. I hope you have enjoyed my Fall decor and please do come again. Don't forget to go by and visit Marty at A Stroll Through Life, she has a lovely blog.

8 comments:

  1. Your house is very pretty! The Black Forest vase is very unique, really nice!

    Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. CAROLYN -- I love all of your fall decor. Your house is stunning!!!! In fact, all of it is so perfect that I can't find just one favorite -- I like it all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your home is stunning and all of your furnishings and vignettes are gorgeous. Love the mantel vignette, so pretty and I really like the island too. Gorgeous. Thanks so much for linking to TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. Just to let you know, when I took over the TTT from Barb, I created a new button. I would love for you to grab it off my sidebar. Thanks. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed the tour of your morning room. In our last house I had a lovely morning room, facing east, but alas, in this house no such room exists. So deep in the woods, we don't see much morning sun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your morning room is lovely...it looks so cozy and comfortable, I would spend a lot of time in here. I also love your kitchen and the pretty tiles above the stove.

    All of your fall decor is beautiful. What a great job you have done decorating, Carlolyn!

    XO,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your home is lovely and you are a talented decorator Carolyn. I wish I could get our orchid to bloom.

    I'm fascinated with the molding on your island kitchen. It would be perfect when we re-do our condo as our kitchen faces the living room too. The molding is very classy.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cozy decor and full of personality as your home should be!

    ReplyDelete